PDA

View Full Version : For my wonderful Gran xxx

daisy76
04-05-09, 12:01
Hi All

Some of you are aware that my gran passed away on the 23rd, her funeral is tomorrow. She was 99 and only 2 months and 1 day away from her 100th.

She was the most amazing gran ever, she even looked like the grans in the childrens story books.
I wanted to write all this down as i dont think i will be able to talk tomorrow as i wanted to during the service.

Even in her last few hours, she never forgot her manners, who can saythat about people these days. She never swore, drank or smoked and religously used baby lotion on her face to prevent wrinkles :)

She never told any of her kids, us grandchildren or great grandchildren off, never complained about the mess and always had ideas to entertain us.

I cant help but smile wheni think of her, she was funny and loving, i have never and will never meet anyone like her again.

My mum had her come live with us for the past 19 yrs, my mum is another lady that i am in ore of, she is so stong. She sufferred with agrophobia for 16 yrs, never leaving her house, but for the past 5 yrs she has been amazing, to the point now that she is never in, we even had to get her a mobile phone as we cud never find her :) , sadly she now feels all alone, my dad passed away 4 yrs ago and her brother 3, her dad died 19 yrs ago. Iwant to be so strong for her yet she's the one that is consoling me and my sister and brother. My mum said to me the other day, Now is time to start my life, after all these years looking after my gran and dad i think she deserves it, she is my inspiration - if she can do this, so can i.

Sorry to waffle but i needed to share with you, my wonderful family.

Thank you reading this and sorry for any spelling mistakes

Karen xxx

finny12000
04-05-09, 12:47
hi daisy
i thought i was reading about my gran there also
she passed away nearly 3 years ago aged 96 ,brought up 6 kids on her own and worked on farms and down the shale mines to feed them.
she was still scrubbing her front step at 95 and up on chairs cleaning windows and never smoked or drank and was at chapel every week nearly right up to the end.
your gran seemed to be of the same stock and i hope all goes well for tomoz at the funeral i tryed to celebrate my grans life rather then her passing away but thanks for the post as its made me think of my gran again
take care and all the best for tomoz xx

kittykat
04-05-09, 12:49
Hi Karen,

Firstly I want to say i'm so sorry for your loss and it will take you time to get over it, as I lost my mum late September there. Your Gran sounds like she was an amazing person and the memories you have of her will never fade, also my thoughts and prayers are with you all, especially your mum as it's not easy to lose a parent no matter what age they are, but reading your post I know that you are all there for her. Tomorrow will be hard but you will get through it and all of us here will be thinking of you :hugs:

http://elizabeth.crawford.1939.gonetoosoon.org/img/candle.gif Silent thoughts tears unseen
Wishing your absence was only a dream
Those we love don't pass away
They walk beside us every day xxx

spaced
04-05-09, 13:38
:hugs: :hugs: thinking of you and your family god bless:hugs: :hugs:

D3NIS3
04-05-09, 14:22
hiya

Sorry to hear of ur loss

Huge cuddle for you also have a good shoulder to cry on if anyone ever needs it

Take care

Denise

bottleblond
04-05-09, 14:28
Daisy

That made me smile hun because that is EXACTLY what my gran was like.
She was a true lady and a very special woman.

I am so very sorry for your loss and may she rest in peace.
Big hugs to you and your family.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk5/teamcallo/Marcella_BookSorryLoss.gif

Thinking of you
Love Lisa
xxx

:hugs:

bobobob
04-05-09, 14:33
What a wonderful testamony to your family. The beautiful things you said about your gran. What a wonderful lady she must have been. May I pass on my respects to yop and your family. I have to add a word or two for your mum, she is a very strong lady coping with her own problems and looking after her mum and you.
With respect and love I send you a big hug

diane07
04-05-09, 14:40
Daisy, so sorry to hear about your gran, and what an amazing mum you have, sending you hugs for tomorrow.

di xx

valleybear
04-05-09, 16:11
I am so sorry for your loss. You have been blessed with a wonderful and loving Gran, as I was, and you will always have warm and magical memories. Sending many thoughts and hugs:hugs: :hugs:

lesleya
04-05-09, 16:53
Im so sorry to hear you lost your loving grandma daisy...all my thoughts go with you.
xxx

daisy76
04-05-09, 20:21
Thank you all so much for your words. I cannot tell you how much it helps knowing that i have "friends" to turn to when i cant/dont want to burden my family.

Thank you all so much xxxxxxxx

sunshine-lady
04-05-09, 22:52
Your Gran sounds like she was a wonderful lady and had a fanstic family life.
I am so sorry to hear of your sad loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you xxxx

ladybird64
04-05-09, 23:46
Daisy,

I also have a funeral to go to this week so I will be thinking of you tomorrow hun.

I know it doesn't make it any easier but what wonderful resilient ladies you are descended from..your granny and mum sound like wonderful people.

Be strong :hugs:

PoppyC
05-05-09, 10:41
Hi Daisy
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Gran - she sounds like a remarkable lady & its a pity that there are not more people like her - my dad was similar (he passed away in December aged 86) he was one of the 'old school' type - people these days dont seem to have the morals & values that that type had. Always hold onto the memories of her and your Gran will always be alive for you.
It sounds like you and your family have been through an awful lot. I truly hope things begin to improve for you all.
Hugs to you. :hugs:

nickieb
05-05-09, 15:20
I will be thinking of you hun xx

Southern_Belle
06-05-09, 03:35
Hi Daisy,

I'd like to offer my condolences on the loss of a great lady, your Gran. I lost mine last year and so I understand the pain you are going through. If it is possible, try and focus on the dash between the year she was born and the year she passed and how she spent those years. I'm sure they were full of adventure, amazement and most of all love. This is what helps me get by. Your entire family will be in my thoughts and prayers especially tomorrow.

Do take care,

Laura xxx

mumof4
06-05-09, 22:42
im am so sorry about ur gran i wish u and ur mum all the best for the funeral

suzy-sue
06-05-09, 23:18
So sorry for your loss:hugs: Your Gran sounds like she was a wonderful lady.My thoughts are with you and your Mum . Sue xx:bighug1: