PDA

View Full Version : Lymph Nodes jaw line?

Kraggy
04-05-09, 17:44
Hello all, first of all im sorry for asking questions so often here, sometimes multiple times a day, but its pretty much all I can do to calm myself down other then asking Dr.Google when I cannot visit a Real Doctor...

Anyways, As of yesterday I noticed some "Lumps" Inside the right side of my jaw line.. At first I thought I might just be feeling so deep that Im pressing against the bottom of my teeth or something, but when I felt on the left side I couldn't feel em...They hurt a bit when I press against it...

Ofcourse the lumps have me scared out of my skull again and im already planning to make a doctors appointment first thing tomorrow morning..

I've also got a Herpes type 1 outbreak on my lip at this point, This has been reoccuring since I was 10 but I dont know if it causes swollen Lymph Nodes inside the jaw..., it started yesterday & is currently in the dirty yellowish looking dry-out phase...Could this cause the "Lumps" I feel?

Maybe anybody else has slightly painfull bumps on the inside of their jaw lines, pretty much pressed against the law bone?

I hope somebody has experience with this, because im finding it hard to put my mind to rest...

Kind regards,

Kraggy :3

diane07
04-05-09, 18:08
I would say it is your glands come up to help fight the infection on your lip, if it doesn't go away in a few days pop and see the doc.

best wishes

di xx

Kraggy
04-05-09, 18:27
I see, Guess I'll just have to try and relax then...
Which is hard since I've currently got Oral Cancer on my mind >.< (Even before I felt the lumps for the first time)

Thank you, Diane.

Kind regards,

Kraggy

SleeplessFog
04-05-09, 19:43
I get lumps on my jawline from tension. Sounds crazy, but its true. I tense up way more than I think. My massage therapist said they feel like rocks. Maybe this is also something you could have?

I hope you are feeling better.

Kraggy
04-05-09, 20:01
Hrmsh...Maybe, but you say you have them on your jawline..Mine are really inside the jaw, againt the jawbone on the inside, I can only feel em when I dig my fingers behind my jawbone...

Are your there aswell?

SleeplessFog
04-05-09, 21:15
Yeah they are either above it or below it, like under my jaw.

Kraggy
04-05-09, 23:53
I am pretty sure they're lymph nodes now...

When I press my chin against my chest, the lumps come out from under the jaw bone & get stuck in the fat, where I can easily grab them & move them around..They're slightly painfull...I just hope they're caused by my cold sores...

Desprate Dan
23-10-09, 04:13
Yes i have these aswell, if i stick my fingers under my jaw bone and feel around i have a lump on each side the one on the left feels slightly bigger than the one on the right, and like you say there are aesy to find if you push your chin down on your chest, you can feel them just under your bottom jaw, i thought they maybe just lumps of fat or something as i have had them for a very long time..

What are lymph nodes and what do they do???

LisaLisa
23-10-09, 10:44
Kraggy

My sister in law gets lymph nodes up when she has cold sores ( herpes) thats totally normal becuase they are viral. Even if its not that it will most likely be some other harmless bacteria thing in your body somewhere, thats what nodes are for, there doing just as they should and looking after you.

They have probably done this heaps of times before you got HA and you never cared and never went looking for them. Likelyhood is that few days time if not before you will not be bothered by them at all and thats great!

Lisa
xxxxx