PDA

View Full Version : Hi

twinkle1981
04-05-09, 18:56
Hi my name is Alicia and I feel like im going mad.

I have constant obsessive thoughts in my head and I feel as though im going insane. I convince myself that I have done something even though I have no memory of it and know deep down that I haven't really done it, but then I think that because the thought popped in my head it must mean I did do it.

I can't sleep at night for my mind continually racing and worrying and obsessing over completely random and irrational things. I only stop obsessing over something once I start to obsess over something new.

When I come home I have to check all around my house i.e. under the beds, in the cupboards, behind all the doors etc etc because I convince myself there must be someone in my house even though there is no sign of a break in. If I get a missed call on my mobile from an unknown number I worry over it for days wondering who it could be, why they were phoning me. Ditto if the door goes (I dont tend to answer the door then will obsess for hours over who it was, convincing myself it must have been the police depsite the fact I havent broken any laws)

I really feel like I am going mad, I can't take much more of it.

diane07
04-05-09, 20:20
Hi Alicia,

A huge warm welcome to nmp

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way

best wishes

di xx

sunshine-lady
04-05-09, 23:15
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

duskess
04-05-09, 23:22
Hi Alicia , Welcome to NMP , lots of help advice and understanding here, glad you found the site , your not going mad , your overworrying , tell your doctor how you are feeling and ask for councelling it helps you understand your fears , hope you feel abit better soon , take care :welcome: Dusky x

Patty
05-05-09, 14:08
Hi Alicia, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

Southern_Belle
06-05-09, 04:02
Hi Alicia,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will offer their support. You might want to see your GP and get tested for OCD issues. Counseling might also be a good idea too. I have OCD cleaning issues and used to clean my house for endless hours, counseling helped me quite a bit. I'm glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura