PDA

View Full Version : Can I be myself again?

Alma
22-08-05, 13:24
Can't face the day.Look forward to bed time. Things need to be done, no urge to do them. Some days constant panic. Is there any help.

Meg
22-08-05, 14:52
Hi Alma

Yes there is always help. What help have you had so far?

You are going through a difficult time right now

Why don't you post a bit more about yourself under introductions when you're ready.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

seh1980
22-08-05, 17:32
hi Alma,

There is quite a bit of help out there. Maybe you could ask your GP about CBT or another type of counselling..

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Crystal
29-08-05, 01:19
Hi Alma,

There's plenty of help out there, you just have to know where to look. I am in recovery from panic anxiety and depression for a year and a half after eight years of suffering. What finally helped me was joining a cbt program. I have been completely med free for almost two years now and feeling great. Give cbt a try. You may want to read a few books on cbt too. The ones I like are the ones by Sam Obitz (all around anxiety and depression books) and David Barlow and Michelle Craske (primarily for panic attacks). Hang in there and good luck.

Crystal
13-02-06, 06:44
Hey Alma I've been away for awhile but checking my old posts tonight and wondered how you are doing now? I'm still doing good :)

cece
20-02-07, 19:27
Hang in there alma. Cognitive training is what turned my life around. Give it a try but evenif it does not work for you there are still plenty of options out there.