PDA

View Full Version : Newly registered today

Kinkajou
22-08-05, 14:23
Hi

I am a 31 year old woman suffering from anxiety and depression. I consider myself to be a bit of an odd one I suppose. I guess I've had a lot of trigger factors to provoke my depression etc (many family problems, history of sexual abuse as a youngster, drug and alcohol issues which are now five years behind me, health problems, stressful job, I could go on...but I won't). I know in myself that I am a good person and I am always struggling to do the right thing, but I feel very guilty and like a failure most of the time. I see others as "normal" or "acceptable" and myself as "different" and "shameful". I am currently in therapy, this time for the last year, but on and off since I was 19 and first experienced anxiety and depression when I was at uni. I have been dogged by intermittent bouts of terrible despair and depression and panic attacks since then. I am tempted to think this is directly related to my childhood issues and I am trying to sort them out with therapy.

At the moment I am on sick leave as I am currently pretty depressed (symptoms: insomnia, vivid nighmares if I do sleep, exhaustion, sadness, hopelessness, inability to do stuff like keep my house clean or keep on top of things, can't muster energy to do things, leave house alone even for a pint of milk etc. and suidical thoughts. Crying etc.)

I have been feeling like this for 3 months now. Off work for the last 6 weeks (and now starting to panic about that too - typical)

Ho hum. Guess it's a bad patch at the moment.

Kinkajou

kazo
22-08-05, 14:40
Hi Kinkajou

This is a fantastic site and i'm sure you will find lots of advice and help, I have in the last five days since joining.

The best thing of all is knowing you are not alone. People here are very friendly.

Take care

Kazo

Piglet
22-08-05, 14:41
Aww Kinkajou,

A big welcome and I hope you find much help and reassurance here.

Love Piglet:)

Meg
22-08-05, 15:37
Yes , its a bad patch.

Is your therapy helping ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Peru83
22-08-05, 15:49
WELCOME

Nice to meet you Kinkajou, love the name by the way,lol. You really have come to the right place. You'll find talking to the people on here will help loads, what a difference it makes being able to talk with people you have things in common with emotionally. For me it lifted a big weight, I thought I was going mad untill I met the people here, they give you hope that things will get better.:)

Might see you in chat sometime, it usually livens about 7-8pm, come in and talk about your problems or just come in for a laugh.:D

Take Carexx

Claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

michelleann
22-08-05, 15:58
welcome to the site hun:D
you are definetly in the right place, you will find all the help and advice you need and also meet some fantasic people and we all have something in common. YOU ARE NOT ALONE! you have all us now and you can pm me anytime or as claire says come on into the chatroom and if you want you can talk about your anxietys and we will all help you as much as we can. or just come in for a giggle:D you will giggle i promise!!
it does sound like a bad patch hun
take care
michelle xxx

seh1980
22-08-05, 17:24
Welcome aboard!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

tammyg
22-08-05, 17:25
Welcome to the site, I hope you find it as helpful as I have.

Tam x

Mcched
22-08-05, 17:58
Hi Kinkajou

Welcome aboard!!!!!!

Nikki

sueiamnew
22-08-05, 18:27
Welcome to the site Kinkajou.

pinkscrumpy
22-08-05, 18:44
Hiya Kinkajou

A big warm welcome to you. You have come to the right place and we will all help to support you.

love

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

jill
22-08-05, 18:58
Hi Kinkajou

WELCOME TO THE SITE

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Karen
22-08-05, 19:51
Hi Kinkajou

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Panic_er
22-08-05, 21:19
Hi Kinkajou
Welcome to the site

It will help you are not alone any more

Panic_er

Kinkajou
23-08-05, 13:34
Thanks for welcoming me you guys.
I have been reading through the forum and it seems a lot of people are very supportive and know from personal experience what it's like.