PDA

View Full Version : Encouragement from a previous sufferer

amandap
05-05-09, 02:12
Hi there,

I had severe anxiety/panic until about a year ago. I have since had treatment and am doing much better. At the time I was on another forum and was so grateful for all of the wonderful help and encouragement I received from other members, so I just wanted to offer my own words of encouragement to anyone on here who feels discouraged with their own anxiety.

I want to tell you that it is possible to get better. I used cognitive-behavior therapy which I understand is the best treatment for anxiety......and I'd have to agree! So I recommend to anyone that they find someone who can help them with CBT. I actually used online treatment (www.anxiety-online.org) which I preferred because I could do it at my own pace and from home!

It's such a relief to not have constant anxiety and I hope others on here take my advice and get help....it's worth it! As frustrating as it can be, please don't give up! Best of luck to everyone!

xBettyBoopx
05-05-09, 03:33
Hi Amanda

Congratualtions on your success. It must feel lovely not having the anxiety & panic.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff78/SavoryTina/FallAutumnTags/welldone-vi.gif
Love
Els

MOJO
05-05-09, 09:22
Well done Amanda!
It's good to hear stories from people who have recovered. It gives me hope that one day that can be me too. :hugs:

Reggie
05-05-09, 10:48
Lovely post, I'm glad you're feeling better - thanks for spreading a little hope in our direction.

Reggie -x-x-