PDA

View Full Version : Yet another of us

thefears
05-05-09, 08:53
Hi all,

I have started reading this website again after starting to suffer from anxiety again. It's worse this time. Last time it was full blown, terrifying attacks whilst sitting watching TV on my sofa. It took me some time to find out what it was and thanks to this site I was able to put a name to this terrifying ordeal.

Well, it went away. But now it is back with a vengeance and with a different face. After a somewhat stressful year, plagued by ill-health and a feeling of failure, the attacks are back. This time, it kicks off when i'm in public, when i'm alone and feel a failure or when I start worrying about my health.

My biggest problem at present is health anxiety. In six months, i've had so many dieases, most of them cancer. I didn't even realise this was a common problem until coming back to this site, and it makes me fill up with tears seeing i'm not the only one whose life is dominated by these stupid fears.

I need to beat this, and i've joined the site to share my experience, what i've learned myself which may reassure others and to hopefully cure myself once and for all.

Patty
05-05-09, 14:13
Hi Thefears, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

sunshine-lady
05-05-09, 23:27
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

Southern_Belle
06-05-09, 04:07
Hi,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will offer their support. I'm glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura