PDA

View Full Version : introduce myself

Lauren
02-01-04, 09:53
Hello my name is lauren, im 24 years old..
i started having panic attacks when i was 16 and the usual thing went to the doctors and there was nothing wrong.. in the end i stared just to deal with the symptoms knowing what they where, heart polpertations,breathing problems, scared to go anywhere,scared of dying..i got them under control but 2003 it all started again im on medication now for a nervous breakdown,that i had from getting adult chicken pox in febuary, now im experiencing new symptoms the feeling of going mad in my head,forgetfulness, not knowing if im in reality or dream world. im so scared again,im scared of going mad....
Well thats me, i hope by telling my situation that maybe i can get support and give support to others..
Lauren...

sadie
02-01-04, 13:56
Hi Lauren,

Welcome aboard, the symptoms you describe are very common in many of the sufferers here. Have a read of many of the different posts and you will come to realise that you are definetly not alone.

I have suffered panic attacks and anxiety for 3yrs and like you went to the GP who basically offered only meds to control them and not much else. I found this forum in only November 03 and since I joined I have felt so much more positive about coping with Panic attacks etc becuase you learn so many useful coping strategies and helpful advice from people who actually know what you are talking about as they too have suffered. More importantly, you receive unconditional help and support from everyone who just want to help no matter what.

I am sorry to here that you have suffered a nervous breakdown and do hope that you are ok...keep us posted on how and what you are feeling and we will do what we can to help you back to good health.:)

Take care and Keep in touch

sadie

Meg
02-01-04, 14:12
Hi Lauren,

Of all the members of this site , I would bet about 60% could have written your post . We all have our individual foibles but in essence what you have described is extremely usual.

What medication are you on ?

Just to tell you . Going mad as in complex psychosis is a completely different disease process from the neuroses such as anxiety or panic. One cannot turn into another .

It does sound like you have some depersonalization at the moment- the fog in the head bit. That happens when you're got so much racing round that the brain decides to protect itself and go on slow down for a while until the adrenalin has subsided.

Nervous breakdowns are not a result of chicken pox so what was that all about ?
Did you lose all energy and get really scared from the chickenpox and that set off your anxiety and panic again.
Often the symptoms of being physically ill can remind you of previous times and you associate the feelings and mistake the symptoms.

That's extremely common and is the cause of many peoples setbacks or relapses.

Take Care

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Lauren
02-01-04, 14:15
thanks Sadie for your kind words.
Im so glad i found this site ive read through lots of postings and everyone is very helpful.
Im looking forward to try an get over these panic attacks now with a little help from people who know what your going through..
My partner is very helpful but it is so hard to explain to someone what you are feeling,when they have no idea what you are talking about...im so worried he thinks he is marrying a fruit cake..

Well Sadie take care great to meet you...
quote:Originally posted by sadie

Hi Lauren,

Welcome aboard, the symptoms you describe are very common in many of the sufferers here. Have a read of many of the different posts and you will come to realise that you are definetly not alone.

I have suffered panic attacks and anxiety for 3yrs and like you went to the GP who basically offered only meds to control them and not much else. I found this forum in only November 03 and since I joined I have felt so much more positive about coping with Panic attacks etc becuase you learn so many useful coping strategies and helpful advice from people who actually know what you are talking about as they too have suffered. More importantly, you receive unconditional help and support from everyone who just want to help no matter what.

I am sorry to here that you have suffered a nervous breakdown and do hope that you are ok...keep us posted on how and what you are feeling and we will do what we can to help you back to good health.:)

Take care and Keep in touch

sadie

Lauren
02-01-04, 14:31
hey Meg

Im on Prozac at the moment and trying to get of it im not a big one for strong medications.

The Chicken pox made me very sick and i keept on getting sick after they had gone, my immune system was shot...This in turn made me worry about my work, and constantly taking time off, meaning i didnt get paid, and also the fact that my partner who has been so supportive had to look after me, Money wise and everything else..
My mother was also having an affair on my step father and i was the only one who new, now she has left him and she is out of control..
Any way it all just got to much and i was taking on everyones problems, and i broke down...then all the panic attacks came back, but just in the last couple of weeks they have changed to attacks during the night differnt ones im used too..So this is when i decided to find some help from others who no alot more than me..

Thankyou for your reply i already feel alot less alone
Take care lauren
quote:Originally posted by Radar

Hi Lauren,

Of all the members of this site , I would bet about 60% could have written your post . We all have our individual foibles but in essence what you have described is extremely usual.

What medication are you on ?

Just to tell you . Going mad as in complex psychosis is a completely different disease process from the neuroses such as anxiety or panic. One cannot turn into another .

It does sound like you have some depersonalization at the moment- the fog in the head bit. That happens when you're got so much racing round that the brain decides to protect itself and go on slow down for a while until the adrenalin has subsided.

Nervous breakdowns are not a result of chicken pox so what was that all about ?
Did you lose all energy and get really scared from the chickenpox and that set off your anxiety and panic again.
Often the symptoms of being physically ill can remind you of previous times and you associate the feelings and mistake the symptoms.

That's extremely common and is the cause of many peoples setbacks or relapses.

Take Care

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

he

benoo5
02-01-04, 18:12
hi lauren,

ime glad youve found this great site,and ime sure that with everyones help,you will soon be on the road to recovery.

if you have a printer,can i suggest you print off some of megs posts,and keep them in a folder,so you can refer to them,from time to time..she is a very caring,and informed nurse,who does so much good,for everyone on this site.

we have a saying..little steps..and these lead to bigger steps,from now on,ime sure you will start to make little steps to getting better...start a journal,write down,exactly how your feeling on a daily basis,good days,and bad days..hopefully,in a few months you will be able to look back,and see just how much,your condition has improved.

keep reading,and keep posting..best wishes..bryan.

Lauren
02-01-04, 18:21
thanks Bryan,
I will print off megs posts, and as for the journal thats a great idea. i write a lot of things down so writing my feelings should be ok..
Thanks for the great ideas..
Lauren..

nomorepanic
02-01-04, 19:39
Hi Lauren

Just wanted to welcome you to the site and let you know that you can post as much as you like and on any topic. There is always someone here to help.

The last medication I was on was Prozac and that was 6 years ago. How are you finding it cos I don't think it helped me atall?

Nicola

Lauren
02-01-04, 19:56
Hey nicola,
the prozac help the depression but not the panic attacks im trying to get off them every other day im taking them..
So i no what you mean.
Im starting to do more meditation and reiki.. i think these methods help me alot more..

Lauren

nomorepanic
02-01-04, 22:28
Lauren

That may explain why I never felt any better on them then. I decided to come off them in Jan 98 and just stopped taking them - never even thought to reduce the does slowly!

How much do you pay for Reiki?

Nicola

Lauren
03-01-04, 00:45
hey nicola
its very bad for someone who suffers with panic attacks to go straight off medication especially prozac it is very strong and you do become dependent on them.. i have to wean myself of them..
i pay £30 for one hour he is fantastic..ill ask him if i can post details on what he does in the reiki site
Lauren

nomorepanic
03-01-04, 23:54
Lauren

At the time I never even thought. I felt worse for 2 weeks then no different. I was on it about 9 months I think.

Reiki - That is the going rate I think.

I was just thinking that I could add his details to my site - I usually go from recommendations only so if you think he is ok then I could give him a bit of free advertising and we will know that he is ok and safe to see (if you know what I mean).

Please ask him for me.

Cheers

Nicola

Lauren
07-01-04, 11:27
Hey Nicola,
Calling him today. ive been away and havnt had a chance. but i had a session just before i left got on two planes and did not have a problem, i really feel like it is helping..
Be in touch soon..
Take care..
Lauren

Laurie28
07-01-04, 13:01
Hiya Lauren,

Welcome to the site. I agree with Meg alot of things you posted I could have written. The fear of going mad is extrmely upsetting. You will get some great advice and support here (I can see you have already)

Take care
Lucky