PDA

View Full Version : Sally

Sallyvalerie
05-05-09, 12:41
Hi, I am new to the website been through the worst 6 months of my 26 years of anxious life - had 9 out of 12 CBT sessions and I am getting there. I describe my point in therapy as learning how I kept my anxiousness/panic fed and learning what to do to starve it now! Life does not seem so daunting now and I can see (by chosing a new path) how the next 26 years of my life can be much better. :) I highly recommend CBT, its taught me to chillax! (remember my breathing techs), don't worry about or try and control the future. Stay in the moment and I feel calm, let your mind wander to the future and that's when I feel anxiety. Love to hear from anyone who has had my experiences past/present. XX

nomorepanic
05-05-09, 12:42
Hi and welcome

You may want to change your username so it isn't your email address.

I can do this if you tell me what to change it to.

diane07
05-05-09, 12:42
A huge warm welcome to nmp

you'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way

best wishes

di xx

Sallyvalerie
05-05-09, 12:49
Thank you Di I hope I can keep on a positive path by being around people in the same boat. x

sunshine-lady
05-05-09, 23:27
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

Patty
05-05-09, 23:35
Hi Sallyvalerie, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

Southern_Belle
06-05-09, 04:09
Hi Sally,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will offer their support. I'm glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura

Sallyvalerie
06-05-09, 22:08
Thank you for all your welcome messages. i feel at home already. Today was an ok day on a scale of 1-10 a 7, had to tackle my early morning anxiousness which is my main bug bare, but I just work through it and it lifts. Having my next CBT session on Saturday, so I will post afterwards.