PDA

View Full Version : Dizzy Spells

louise0501
05-05-09, 18:35
hi there, today i woke up feeling really dizzy and i have no idea what caused it as i havn't been particuly anxious and now i have been having dizzy spells on and off all day. i'm really freaking out it might be a brain tumour because theres nothing else it can be. anyone else experienced this? i'm really scared.
please reply
luv louise

angietomjimandcass
05-05-09, 18:40
I had this last week it lasted 2 weeks, it turned out to be an ear infection.

nomorepanic
05-05-09, 18:41
Why is there nothing else it can be?

I had dizzy spells on and off for about 2 years and it wasn't anything sinister.

It could be low blood pressure, low blood sugar levels or any number of things.

justbananas
05-05-09, 22:46
i get them for no reason, having a dizzy spell right now and my eyes are having trouble focussing. happens in bursts of time then sometimes goes away.

girlrock
06-05-09, 06:39
I had this back in January for about a week and then again in March for about 2 weeks. The first time I went to the hospital because it was so severe I was getting nauseous. I thought it was anxiety because I was having a terrible bout of HA then. Turned out to be an inner ear infection. Not sure if it was the same thing in March but I did see the doctor a few days after it subsided and he did a blood pressure assessment on me(had me lie down, sit up quickly, then jump off the table taking the numbers 3 times). He told me if it happens again to try to taking a decongestant such as Sudafed. Even though your nose and stuff isn't congested, your ears still could be. If it keeps happening to me, I may have to get tubes put in my ears. No big deal, though! I'd rather it be an ear problem than anything else. I'm sure it's either your anxiety or an ear issue.

Can you describe the dizziness? Mine was a rocking/swaying type which they say is common with inner ear.

Hope I helped set your mind at ease a bit! Take care.:)