PDA

View Full Version : Online cheating!

nickieb
05-05-09, 21:18
I recently split with my ex for cheating on me online, he had an obsession with dating sites & chatting up girls online all day at work.
He felt that being suggestive of sex & flirting was not cheating despite my thoughts??

Anyhow i have decided to go back to a dating website we met on & try my luck at meeting a nice guy. I found this gorgeous guy, classically stunning & well just HOT, so i sent him a message.

A few days later i got a reply saying he hadn't been on this site in a year & came on to read my message but was sorry as he had a girlfriend.
Straight away i was like 'OK bye' but thought damn it he was hot..

Anyhow over the course of a week he has viewed my profile countless times & sent me messages saying hiya, how are you etc. I replied saying are you stil unavailable & he replied with yes but your stunning & sooo tempting & being all just too flirty for a taken man in my eyes!!!

WHAT THE FOOK???

My question is what is going on in today's society, why are all men being so unfaithful online?
It seems the internet is an absolute web of deception & for relationships in today's day & age.

Its the most amazing invention but for hell it is causing heartbreak everywhere!!!

Nic xx

eeyorelover
06-05-09, 00:19
It's not all men Nic!
But I truly do believe that some people (men and women both) believe that as long as it's KEPT online then it isn't technically cheating!
I'm sure at the flirting stage they tell themselves that there is no harm in it and that it would never happen in the 'real' world but you know that once it goes farther most won't say no!

There are unfaithful people in the world!
That is the truth of it!
But that doesn't mean that everyone is that way or that you should close your heart off just in case the next person might be unfaithful!
There are leaps of faith in life that require courage and this area is one of those!
xxx
Sandy

purplehaze
06-05-09, 02:37
If someones going to cheat they will cheat and there is nothing their partner can do about it. The internet is just another medium for people to cheat. On line dating does seem to be the modern way of reaching out to people but lets face it, we can be anyone behind a pc screen. The reality of life is, some will cheat and others wont and what it comes down to is truth, honesty, faithfilness and trust.

Anxious_gal
06-05-09, 02:38
it boosts men's ego's?

Lynnann
07-05-09, 06:04
Nickie,

Your question has been ongoing for ages, it has just extended into the internet. I worked in pubs for years, many men thought flirting etc with bar staff was ok. I still do occassional bar work, only at a local club as it is not too busy would panic otherwise. one of the local DJ's has cornered me in the cellar makes me nervous when I have to work with him. I have told him his wife is slim and lovely and loves him, doesn't stop him from saying what she doesn't know won't hurt her. He makes my skin crawl with some of the things he says.

There are those that would cheat, they would cheat anyway regardless, I have been with my partner for 17yrs not all men are the same

Lynnann

tigger1964
07-05-09, 06:56
Hi Nickie,

Not all men cheat hun, still a few decent guys out there .

tc

sharon

StandFree1903
11-05-09, 17:11
Hey Nickie I wouldnt worry ive had that too with datings sites. You cant always see through the pictures they have up, which is y messeging them is best way to tell. I can normally tell if someone has a gf if they dont have a picture or give u one lined answers. its obvious something is goin on and if they keep talkin about sex n tht thats when u stop the chat as they are wanting a fling. But like i say you cant always tell and messeging someone is the only way. Anyways i hope u have some good luck in finding a man that is great to you! Pamii xxx

belle
11-05-09, 23:36
Ugh! I get SOOOO annoyed with this kind of thing.

I just don't get WHY people do this. If they are "flirting" with someone else whilst being in a relationship, whether its on or offline...it's not right.

If anyone feels the need to do this, then there is something wrong in their relationship.

I know some people will say that flirting is harmless, well i say, would they do it in front of their partners and the answer most of the time would be no. So in that case, it most definitely is wrong.

In my opinion i would block him. His poor girlfriend wouldn't be too happy, i'm sure it's flattering to have someone after you, but just remember how you felt when your ex was doing it to you. Take the upper hand....just block :)

Captain America
11-05-09, 23:50
block him! flirting is just another way of creating options in case it doesn't work out with the person they're with. just like that person at work that you might go out for drinks with in a group, but you end up talking to that person more than the others and get that thought in the back of your head that says, 'hm...that's an option if my partner leaves me....'

so if they're looking for options then they're not sold that what they have is the right thing.

just my opinion

pooh
13-05-09, 04:05
i'll tell you what gets me annoyed is this.....two people meet one or the other or both are in a relationship and somewhere cheating is involved....fast forward down the line one or both of them is cheating again.

Why oh Why if you enter into a relationship with someone who is cheating would you trust for one second that they wouldnt do it to you. In my eyes this demonstrates a lack of respect honour and emotional maturity and faithlessness from the beginning.

Not much is particularly sacred these days but i would hope that people would learn to have the decency to end one thing before moving on to another. Sometimes you can hope for to much and then sometimes life might just go right ahead and surprise you.

Deepest Blue
13-05-09, 04:42
It's a shame that this happens because I would never ever do it. Last year, in the entire time I was with my ex girlfriend (for nearly a year), I hardly used any forums let alone places that could potentially contain sensitive thing such as peoples profiles. I also ensured that my ex had all my Logins and passwords and had access to everything of mine, I have nothing to hide and I am one of the most trustworthy guys you could ever wish to meet!

Guys who do this to girls just really have absolutely no clue about how to respect a woman and that she really needs to feel like they can trust their partner, once that trust has gone then I can't see it working properly anymore.

Vandelay
03-06-09, 20:10
All men!? Also, what were you doing replying to the guy at all if he had a girlfriend - doubt she'd be happy!