PDA

View Full Version : what the heck was this??

Romo
06-05-09, 05:09
So i'm lying nicely in bed last night, no anxiety and my heat starts beating really fast for no reason. Still not feeling anxiety or feel like getting up.. I didn't fall asleep yet or anything and just lying there. Couldn't be any calmer. then it sorta went away. I had anxiety attacks where I felt weird and not calm then heat starts beating fast... but not like this. Now I'm thinking I have a heart problem. I had my heart beat fast and I feel like jumping out of bed right before I go to sleep, but this was different. I didn't feel axious at all or even after.. has this happened to anyone

Lisa-Angel
06-05-09, 09:33
Hi Romo,

In the past I have experienced the fast heartbeat symptom whilst laying down trying to sleep or just relaxing. I found this was the first thing i experience every time i have a panic attack, but i dont always notice because im walking about or concentrating on something. I found that being relaxed could send me into mild panic attacks because i was just waiting for the next one all the time.

Lisa xx

nikkinik
06-05-09, 09:39
Hi,

I also get this.. and strangely I get it just about everytime I have chips from the chippy! Seriously! If I cook my own chips I dont get it.. how weird is that! Im guessing its something Ive built up in my mind and now it happens everytime.

I do get the palpitations when Im lying in bed at night too.

I did read somewhere that everyone gets a few skipped or irregular beats everyday, but because we're anxious people we notice it even more and sometimes read it as something more sinister and/or it sets of panic/worry etc.

Youre not on your own x.

Romo
06-05-09, 23:24
it wasn't skipping beats, just fast when i was really calm. I remained calm and it went for a few mins then went away.