PDA

View Full Version : Does Dizziness ever go?

cycloneuk
22-08-05, 22:08
Does the lightheaded dizzy feeling that comes with anxiety ever go? i'm thinking of going back on Propranolol to calm my shakiness down and other symptoms instead of trying harsh meds.

seh1980
22-08-05, 22:43
Mine hasn't gone completely but it happens a lot less often than it used to. I get it about once or twice a week now instead of all day every day. Propanolol should help you with the dizziness..:D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

nomorepanic
23-08-05, 08:48
I only tend to get it now when I am very anxious or stressed.

Prior to that I had it every day but it did go in time.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

mirry
23-08-05, 09:11
The dizzy feeling is the worst part for me as its the part of anxiety that stops me going out, i could go out feeling shakey and sweaty and possibly with fast heart beat but the light headed feeling is really awfull.

I have had it so bad whilst driving around a roundabout 3 years ago i couldnt see where the road was or the sky, totally freaked me out and i lost my confidence in driving there and then.
How could i ever drive again like this ? i get dizzy spells quite often but not as much as i used to.
It is pure anxiety cos if i try to drive it comes on within 2 mins easy and it can be the same in a shop.........its 50/50 in shops lately (hope this means im making some improvement)
I AM ONLY JUST GETTING IT INTO MY HEAD THAT MY BREATHING PATTERN IS THE CAUSE OF MY "DIZZYNESS".

Someone told me to breath in for 5 and out for 8 and whilst doing it, on the in breath say "I AM"
on the out say "CALM"

GOOD LUCK PAULB

mirryx

Meg
23-08-05, 15:55
Mirry ,

If you're not near one, get someone to drive you to a big residential housing estate and just drive round the streets there so not really on open roads and get back some confidence.

Stay in the driving seat even if you get anxious and see how with your breathing and staying in the situation the anxiety and dizziness will eventually diminish.

Your breathing technique and mantra is great.

You keep making that progress.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Piglet
23-08-05, 17:55
Hi Paul,

Yes the dizziness does pass especially when you stop being really scared of it.

It is very unpleasent and I've had one or two bouts of it - although I find this symptom I have no trouble telling people about (I just say I have an inner ear problem) and the the funny thing is because I don't mind telling people I don't get it too often (its the symptoms that upset you the most that seem to plague you the worst - mine being any irregular heart beats).

Hang on in there it will most certainly pass.

Love Piglet[8D]

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.