PDA

View Full Version : Coming Off Sertraline

Little Miss Kizzy
06-05-09, 13:06
I've been on 50mg Sertraline for about 10mths now but for the last few mths I have been taken down to 1 every other day which at first got quite dizzy but it is getting better. My doctor said to do this for 2mths then come off them but I was really worried because of the side effects I was getting :mad: so I went back to my doctor & they have advised that I now take half a tablet every day then after a few weeks go to half every other day then after 2 mths come off them :mad: I really want to come off them but am worried about going down to half a tablet every day for side effects mainly because I suffer from Emet :weep: Any advise would be great to ease the worry :)

lrforge
06-05-09, 13:17
May I ask why you are coming off Sertraline? I am on this right now to and have only been for about 1 month, the dr wants me to be on it for 1-2 yrs. I don't have any advise for you but I hope it will get better soon!

joyce1980
07-05-09, 00:56
I have been on my meds since I was 18 I am now 26 ( I had a 6 month break last year to see how I would be)

I am back on sertraline, I came off seroxat,

It takes time and a few months at that but If you need to come off you can do it!!!

I felt dizzy, cranky, ill (flu like) and weird tingling sensations in my head and arms... not nice I know.

But if you take the half every day until the symptoms subside then reduce again, more symptoms (i'm sorry) and then reduce again... and so on

Do what you can to make yourself comfy, have a glass of wine and a hot bath, try to eat well and have naps if you can.

Best of luck, trust me after 8 years of aropax it was hard to come off, maybe you need more time to reduce.

It does get better.

Little Miss Kizzy
22-05-09, 14:44
May I ask why you are coming off Sertraline? I am on this right now to and have only been for about 1 month, the dr wants me to be on it for 1-2 yrs. I don't have any advise for you but I hope it will get better soon!

I like to think that I am 90% better I'm alot better then I first was & I really didn't want to go down the route of pills but I had to. My doctor only wanted me to go on them for 6mths but stayed on them a little longer because I was on & off work for a very long time & didn't want to come of them before returning to work but only came back so many days a week, now work have agreed that I can work part time :D so I now work 9-4pm every day which suites me & things I hope are now getting back to normal so that's why I'm coming of them but I also have to come of them if I want to start a family as they advise you not to be on them but I can if I really need to. I hope that helps :) feel free to chat any time as I know what your going through :)
Take Care :bighug1:

sharona
31-05-09, 07:25
Hi

What side effects were you getting from sertraline?

Sharona