PDA

View Full Version : Hey everybody, yes I'm new...

~Mary~
23-08-05, 02:35
Hi, yes I'm one of the newbies, and I'm not at all used to using this forum. Or any forum, for that matter,ha. I just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully I'll find at least a little comfort in this website ~

My name's Mary. I'm 16 and I've been having anxiety problems for a little over 2 years now. It's continually gotten worse, and its even prevented me from starting my junior year of highschool! [V] A few days ago i was "offcially" diagnosed by a phsychiatrist as having agoraphobia along with deppression. I had been on zoloft for about 9 months for anxiety and panic disorder, but up until now I didnt even know what agoraphobia was. I've gone through waves of my agoraphobia and panic over the past few years but right now its DEFINITELY at the worst its ever been. I'm scared to do almost anything. And its so so frusturating becuase I didnt used to be like this. :( I used to be outgoing and liked to do all kinds of things. And Ive always looked forward to my highschool years...now I'm afraid I'll never have any good memories of highschool.

I suffer with nausea HORRIBLY, and sometimes I go without eating for days becuase if i do eat it makes me feel even sicker. When I have my panic attacks, they're like a lot of people's are; I have almost uncontrolable shaking, I go from hot to cold and pretty soon my mind is just spinning and I cant even think logically. Saying I'm "tired" of this would be, perhaps, the biggest understatement ever expressed. I deal with deppression becuase of it and sometimes I feel so paralized and I'm so disapointed in myself I just cry and cry. I know most of you know what its like to feel like this and in a way it helps to know that there are other people who feel a lot like you... but at the same time, that knowledge doesnt always make it easier when I'm attempting to go somewhere I'm afraid of OR to try to explain to my friends when I miss school becuase of it. Using the "I dont know, I just didnt feel good" excuse has become a regular saying of mine.

I just started on zoloft again a few days ago after being taken off of it, due to the recent "suicide scare". Have you heard about that one? I guess there were studies released saying that zoloft has had a negative affect in many teens, causing sucide and it urged doctors to try to stay away from it with kids. I understand the precautions but its seemed wierd to me. I mean, any kind of medicine could end up having a negative affect on someone, it just depends on the person. But what about all the other young people that have commited suicide becuase they were so unhappy with themselves and NEEDED the medication??? But this is just my opinion, so I hope i dont offend anyone. So anyway... a phsyciatrist I just started seeing shares in my opinion and put me back on the medicine. But knowing that even with the medicine I will still have to deal with this hurts so bad.

It scares me, I cant explain how much it scares me. and i dont just mean it scared me when I have to go somewhere or do something. It scares me that I have become someone I didnt used to be. And someone few of even my closest friends know. So again I hope I find some comfort in this website and I hope I can maybe be of comfort to others when someone needs someone to talk to. :DSo, sorry such a long "story" but honestly, that was it in a nutshell :) So... Hello everyone.

~*~MaRy

eeyorelover
23-08-05, 05:30
welcome Mary -
I'm sure that you will find everyone here is are very supportive and there is a lot of information being shared.
I look forward to getting to know you
your friend,
Sandy
eeyorelover

in1peace
23-08-05, 05:35
Mary,
I'm taking Zoloft also. It has really seemed to help me. How long have you been taking it this last time? Hang in there, because it took a while for it to work for me.
I am so sorry you are going through the torment. I know exactly how you feel.
Just hang in there. It will get better!!

"Honey, if ya ain't feelin' the bumps in the road, ya ain't goin' nowhere!" (A wise Georgia Granny's take on living life to the fullest! LOL!)

tony
23-08-05, 07:05
hi mary welcome,plenty here to help you
tony

metal,rock, and hardcore music is my life!

Peru83
23-08-05, 08:10
WELCOME

Hi Mary, nice to meet you, sorry to hear that you've had a bad time of it but your in the right place. We'll try out best to help you the best we can:D.

Take Carexx

Claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

Sax
23-08-05, 08:23
Welcome to NMP Mary, I hope you find the support you need here, i'm sure you will.

Sax xx[8D]

sillymoo
23-08-05, 08:29
hi mary,welcome aboard!i myself suffer the same as u but i no longer take medication.hope to chat 2 u soon
hugs mooxxxxx:D

kazo
23-08-05, 08:30
Hi mary

Nice to meet you. I'm sure you will find lots of support here and great advice.

The one thing I realised when i joined nmp was that your not alone

Take care

Kazo

nomorepanic
23-08-05, 08:33
Hi Mary

Welcome aboard the forum.

Have a good read of the info on the website as that will help you too and read the First Steps page to see if anything rings true for you - www.nomorepanic.co.uk/firststeps

Hope we can be of some help to you.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

michelleann
23-08-05, 08:40
hi mary
welcome to the forum
take care hun
michelle xxx

pinkscrumpy
23-08-05, 10:25
Hi Mary

Welcome to the forum.

[^][^]:D:D

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

lin
23-08-05, 10:39
Hi Mary

Welcome to the forum you will find loads of help and support :D:D:D

linda xx

seh1980
23-08-05, 10:52
Welcome aboard!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Kinkajou
23-08-05, 13:38
Hi Mary
I'm new too. I understant what you're going though. I think if you've been on the meds and they were doing you some good it's as well to keep on with it. It can ben hard to find one thats right for so if you've found one it make sense to stick to it.

All the best, Kinkajou

Piglet
23-08-05, 14:02
Hi Mary,

A big welcome to the site - we've obviously all got similiar issues so hopefully you will find some reassurance here. :)

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Karen
23-08-05, 15:27
Hi Mary

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

~Mary~
23-08-05, 16:10
Thanks so much everybody for the warm welcome. I think im in the right place too. ;) I look forward to talking to all you so much! Thanks~ [^]

~*~MaRy

Maddieg
23-08-05, 16:11
Hi Mary

Welcome to the forum. I am a new member but I have gained so much support from this site in a few days. Everyone is fantastic. I had a bad day yesterday and spent most of the day in and out of the forum.

Take care and i look forward to speaking to you again.

Love Maddie xx

sueiamnew
23-08-05, 18:15
Hi Mary and Welcome!!

jill
23-08-05, 19:48
Hi Mary

WELCOME TO THE SITE

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXXX

pips
24-08-05, 17:01
Hi Mary,

A BIG WARM welcome to the site I do hope it helps you.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X