PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm New

PinkAngel
06-05-09, 14:05
Hey there,

I am new here today - Been on this site quite a few times for info before though!
I am 27 and am married with a toddler of my own and 2 other step kids - So more than a hand full.

Anyhow, In 2007 - 6 months after my little one was born I was teary, couldn't concentrate felt gernerally rubbish etc. etc. I was told I had Post Natal Depression and took 4 weeks off work and started to take prozac. Things started to look up I guess (although looking back a lot of my past few years seem more than hazey) until September of that year when my dose of Prozac was doubled to counteract my feeling depressed again! To no avail after a few months (in December 07) my meds were changed to sertraline. All through to July 2008 I felt as if everything was going well and after seeing my GP every month or so I/we decided it was time to come off the meds!
After a few weeks of feeling dizzy, sick, headaches and all the other joys of withdrawal I 'thought' that was it - All over!
Only looking back now I realise from July/August last year until now, so much was wrong I just didn't recognise/realise it. My moods are constantly up and down from one extreame to the other and life was a complete nightmare - This was affecting my marriage to the point (on Christmas Day of all days) it all came to a head and we almost went out seperate ways. Glad to say we managed (by a miracle) to get through the next few months with me and my husband both going to see my GP and explaining the mood problems as well as my OCD and all new anxiety attacks!
I am now taking Citalopram and a Beta Blockers for the anxiety - I also suffer from IBS and Reflux Oesophagitis - Which just adds to the problems! Anyway - I have just returned to work after 3 weeks off sick due to the new meds taking time to kick in and those awful early side effects and thats pretty much it!
Glad to be here and hope to meet some new people to talk to - It's frustrating that others don't seem to understand!

Thanks - Me :)

Southern_Belle
06-05-09, 16:54
Hi Pink Angel,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will offer their support. I'm glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura

sunshine-lady
06-05-09, 22:20
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

diane07
06-05-09, 22:25
A huge warm welcome to nmp

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way

best wishes

di xx

Patty
06-05-09, 22:47
Hi PinkAngel, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers: