PDA

View Full Version : garden/neighbours seeing or hearing them or you!

chicken licken
06-05-09, 14:28
Does anyone else have a problem with going in there own garden ?

I just cant bring myself to go in my own back garden for more than 30secs and for a quick dog doo pick up, and thats only because I have too, and forget going in the front garden to do anything. Its starting to really get me down.
I end up literally tip toeing and being really really quite, I get really angry with my self if I was to accidently make a noise while out picking up doo doo, or attempting to do anyting to the garden (if I ever get that far)
anyone would think I was breaking the law and at risk of setting off an alarm the way I act in my garden :shrug:

i dont get what my problem is, I know what it is I dont like, but just not really why and how to snap my self out of it.
I cant bear hearing the neighbours in there garden, theres a lady who cackles a lot loudly outside, I dont even know who it is or which garden its from but it puts the fear of god into me when I hear her, and another plays alot with a young child in there back garden, yet that freaks me out just knowing someone eles is in ear shot of me, It seems like the thought of me being seen or heard in my garden is so scarey that because I hear them then I automaticly run back indoors. Im so embarrassed and angry with myself at my behaviour too :blush:

I used to love gardening and every so often get a sudden surge of bravery and manage an afternoon of doing some, so that just results in a lot of part finished projects making me feel even more stupid and weird.

Its such a lovley day and I have a bag of newly bought plant seeds and so upset with my self again for being such an idiot , I feel like going outside locking the door and launching the key somewhere so Im stuck out here to tough it out !!
but thats probably not a great idea in practice !

Dizzy-Dave
08-05-09, 20:59
Can they see you over the fence ?

The best solution is too probally get to know them.

maybe say hi to them next time you see them.

That way you will feel at ease.

mau
08-05-09, 21:47
chicken licken I can so relate to what your going through. Every one is peering at you. Rationally you know that they're not. But that doesn't take away the feeling does it?

When I moved to this flat I was locked inside, even in the best of weather I wouldn't hang washing out.

Then a few years ago my young next door neighbour decided we were going to have a proper garden.

I have become very territorial about 'our' garden despite my fear of going outside, so much so that the boys next door laugh at me...I don't mind that!!!

I never go into the garden without my dog tho'.

You've no idea how much I now appreciate going into the garden with a cuppa and a book.

I look up at all those windows 'looking at me' think stuff you. We've made an effort and have a lovely garden.

Take it one step at a time. Plant the seeds up indoors then you have a reason to go into your garden and something to keep your mind occupied.