PDA

View Full Version : Powerful heartbeat ..?

Tommmmm
06-05-09, 15:03
Hi people!

As you can see .. I'm new in here.
I'm glad I found this forum, because I have a question! I allready asked it on some forums, but no one really gave me a clear answerr.

So now I'm here!

The docter told me i was suffering anxiety .. After I had 2 panic attacks, and went to the hospital, because I was thinking I was gonna die, but I wasnt!

I can see my heartbeat in my chest 24 hours a day .. It looks like it never stops! Even if I don't have a panic attack .. The docter told it could be normal for people with anxiety ..

But why is it even beating so strong (not fast, my heartbeat is slow .. Only 55/60 in a min, but really powerful)

But its always there .. Is my mind causing it ..? As I think about my heart very much, but I'm not in panic anymore, I'm just thinking about it .. Like "Oh lets check if I still have a strong heartbeat" and its always there if i watch it ..

Its realy strong .. I can see it in my chest and stomach .. When i walk up the stairs its so strong, that i can put my mobile phone on it .. And it just jumps! Or after ive been drinking alcohol, the next day its even worse .. It looks like my condition is much worse, when I walk the stairs I'm allready out of breath, and my heart is beating stronger!

I found this forum thanks to Jeroen, he's a member in here aswell .. And he has nearly the same symptoms as I have .. So he told me to watch this forum, and ask my questions .. Because he had lots of help from the people on this forum!

So is it possible to have a powerful heartbeat that you can see in your chest/stomach 24/7 when u have anxiety ..? Even when you don't panic about it ..? But when you watch it its still there ..?

Thanks allready!

Tom :)

nomorepanic
06-05-09, 15:07
Hi Tom

Yes it is possible - if you look up his threads I replied on those.

:welcome:

Kraggy
06-05-09, 15:28
Dear Tom, Welcome to NoMorePanic.

If I were you I would not worry about the Heart Beats to much, I just had a quick check at my own belly after reading your post, and guess what, My Hearth Beat is visible in my belly aswell! :P

Apperantly this is caused by a major artery that runs through your belly.

Kind regards,

Kraggy

sb001f8994
06-05-09, 16:47
Hi Tom,
Welcome to nmp.
My husbands heart is very slow but powerful and you can see his beating away, which is astonishing really as theres a lot of fat there! And like you its worse after alcohol, hes not bothered by it, he's seen the doctor and all is well, unfortunately its me who worries about it.
Best wishes,
xx

Tommmmm
06-05-09, 19:42
Thanks for those reactions!

They realy help me ..

Does he has anxiety aswell ..? Because he can see his heartbeat aswell ..?

I always was thinking you only get symptoms like a strong heartbeat when your in panic or what (When you suffer anxiety) .. But thats not true ?

I can even feel my heartbeat in my fingertips .. Haha very weird!

But anxiety can do all this to you ..?

sb001f8994
06-05-09, 22:32
my hubby isnt an anxious person and is very lucky to be the saner of the two of us! Its me who worried about his heart and had him go to the doctors. Once i even saw it through his clothes, hes fine, his hearts in order and the doctor said he has nothing to worry about.
I just wish he could convince me all is well. Im affraid if there was an olympic event in worrying i would win a gold
xx:winks:

seeker
06-05-09, 23:04
I have a really strong heart beat that I can see and feel in my chest and stomach, even when I'm not anxious. I'm quite glad, realy, and particularly glad it never goes away! Don't worry about it.

Tommmmm
06-05-09, 23:28
I have a really strong heart beat that I can see and feel in my chest and stomach, even when I'm not anxious. I'm quite glad, realy, and particularly glad it never goes away! Don't worry about it.

But I guess your really thin ..?

As I'm not thin .. I have some fat :P

nomorepanic
06-05-09, 23:39
Tomm - I have PM'd you twice and no reply so your account is now suspended pending admin review.

Wocha
14-04-15, 05:40
Hi. For the last six months I have been suffering with exactly this problem. My heart was beating so hard that it was nearly impossible to sleep and doing simple tasks was very difficult. I read an article which said that this can be caused by dehydration. The body does not have sufficient blood in the system which make the heart beat excessively hard. The solution was very simple. Mix up a homemade rehydration drink.

To a litre bottle of water add 6 level teaspoons of sugar and half a teaspoon of good quality salt. Shake well and leave until dissolved.

Drink a whole bottle every day (It doesn't taste all that bad) Avoid diaretic drinks.

I did this for a week and one night in bed I was suprised to find no strong heart beat and I have not had it return) 'm not saying this will work for everybody but has got to be worth a go

Davit
14-04-15, 05:54
Everyone says panic attacks won't kill you, but if you have high blood pressure even just once in a while they certainly can. Even if you are border line at 149/90 resting you should be on a beta blocker at the very least. Your heart is just a muscle, It will only take so much abuse. My average is 130/77 p 78 I can not see my heart beat.