PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Lateralus
06-05-09, 15:10
Hi everyone,

Just introducing myself, I'm 27 and have been suffering from anxiety on and off for the last 2 years.

I haven't taken any medication yet, and am on the waiting list to get brief counselling on the NHS.

I haven't really been able to pinpoint my exact fears, nor the cause of them, but generally I worry about not being able to breathe, being trapped (whether in transport, cinema, shops or even bizarrely, queues!), illness, death, and not being able to cope with whatever life throws at me.

I read a lot (too much I think) and so sometimes spend days with thoughts whizzing round my head until I feel exhausted just trying to make sense of them.

Some days are better than others - these days tend to be the weekend when I have the freedom to choose what I want to do that day, and also am with my boyfriend...

Am feeling quite determined now to work through all this stuff (whatever it is), and look forward to chatting more with you all in the future.

:)

Southern_Belle
06-05-09, 16:55
Hi Lateralus,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will offer their support. I'm glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura

sunshine-lady
06-05-09, 22:17
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

Patty
06-05-09, 22:55
Hi Lateralus, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

suzy-sue
06-05-09, 23:38
Hi and :welcome: To NMP. Im sure youll find lots of help and support here.Luv Sue