PDA

View Full Version : Im scared

Amanda74
06-05-09, 15:12
I am new to this site and im hoping you can help me.

I am 34 years old and after the death of a younger family member last year to Brain Cancer have developed a health anxiety which has resulted in 2 trips to hospital due to panic attacks.
I have improved a lot over the last few months thanks to my fantastic husband who has been so supportive and my rock.
I still have 2 health concerns though that wont go away
1. Ovarian Cancer - my stomach seems swollen to me although my husband says its not - have had some pain and wind (all on the symptons list)
2. Stroke/Brain Hemorrage - having already had 1 stroke about 12 years ago - due to some medication i am concerned that this makes it more likely that I will have another one.

I feel silly talking to the doctor - dont know what to do

Any help would be greatly appreciated

A

Kraggy
06-05-09, 15:25
Dear Amanda,

Welcome to NoMorePanic!

I joined about a week ago and I've found people here to be very helpfull and supporting!

I would like to try ease your mind a bit, mainly about the Ovarian Cancer.

You stomach seems swollen, and it might be swollen, But this is not dueue to Ovarian Cancer!
My stomach gets slightly swollen & painfull as well fairly often, but this might be caused by Irritable Bowel Syndrome. According to the doctor I have IBS, Which got provoked by stress. Some of the Symptons are: Bloating (Swollen), Cramping pains, Wind, And many, many more symptoms!

As for feeling silly when talking to the doctor, dont. I myself am a Regular at the doctors office to, and he explained to me that the fear I have is very real, and if I ever feel anything that makes me afraid, and I would like to have checked out, I am welcome. And I am pretty sure that your doctor thinks of it the same way.

kind regards,

Kraggy.