PDA

View Full Version : So Glad I found this Site

steviebhoye
06-05-09, 15:34
Hi I am new here too! been looking everywhere for answers everywhere trying to understand why the last 8 weeks of my life have been a living nightmare. Really struggling with my breathing sometimes - been to ER 3 times only to be told nothing is wrong had all sorts of blood tests all OK - feel like I am going crazy!

I had a chest infection and this I think got me started on worrying about my health I seem to have all the symptoms of classic health induced Anxiety/Panic and my doc has me on 20mg of Citalopram. Please, please can someone tell me if this gets better. 2 months ago I was absolutely fine.

Sorry to sound so desperate, much respect to all. :scared15:

Steve.

diane07
06-05-09, 15:37
A huge warm welcome to nmp

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way

Take a look at the menu on the left hand side you will find alot of information there to help you and if you post on the health anxiety forums will you get alot of answers there to help you

best wishes

di xx

Southern_Belle
06-05-09, 16:56
Hi Stevie,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will offer their support. I'm glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura

sunshine-lady
06-05-09, 22:15
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

Sallyvalerie
06-05-09, 22:27
Stevie,

you are not alone, promise. You can get better with the right methods for you, whether it is medication or therapy or a combination of both. I felt like I was going crazy too and it feels so real when you are experiencing it and very scary, but you can get better. I really do recommend Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, it teaches you to deal with the future and makes you see it will not be so scary - see your GP who can refer you. Try and slow your breathing down it will give some relief, slowly breathe counting to 5 through your nose and then slowly breathe out your mouth counting to 5 - repeat 3/4 times. Take care your not alone. x

Patty
06-05-09, 22:43
Hi Steve, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :)