PDA

View Full Version : feel like im my memory is going

Lauren
02-01-04, 09:05
i have many other symptoms but this is a new one. it started one night when i woke from my sleep with memory loss,it didnt last for very long but it got me in such a state. now it keeps happening and im affraid. is this a symptom? my head seems so fuzzy and i feel slow, i feel like im going crazy....

uryjm
02-01-04, 09:27
Lauren
If you search the site for night panic, I think you'll see your symptoms are quite common. I often wake in the middle of the night and have a minute or two of wondering where and who I am! Espescially if I'm literally half awake, when one bit of my head seems to be still dreaming but the other recognises the bedroom, my wife, the duvet and so on. It can be scary, but it is common. Being fuzzy in the head during the night or the day is also a very common occurrance. Again, browse this site and I'm sure you'll soon find many of us who've experienced the symptoms (I think it's called dissassociation, and it's the body's response to high anxiety levels.)

Jim

Lauren
02-01-04, 13:08
hey Jim
thank you for your reply. its nice to no that you are not the only one...ill look the imfo up about night panic.its funny i always thought panic happened during the day, how wrong i was..
Take care, Lauren
quote:Originally posted by uryjm

Lauren
If you search the site for night panic, I think you'll see your symptoms are quite common. I often wake in the middle of the night and have a minute or two of wondering where and who I am! Espescially if I'm literally half awake, when one bit of my head seems to be still dreaming but the other recognises the bedroom, my wife, the duvet and so on. It can be scary, but it is common. Being fuzzy in the head during the night or the day is also a very common occurrance. Again, browse this site and I'm sure you'll soon find many of us who've experienced the symptoms (I think it's called dissassociation, and it's the body's response to high anxiety levels.)

Jim

kate
02-01-04, 13:14
Hiya Lauren,

I also get the memory loss thing when I have been concentrating on something like the television. I suddenly feel like I "come round" and think "where am I? what have I been doing?"

Strange feeling, but as we are panickers, guess what? we panic about it!

Kate x

benoo5
02-01-04, 16:04
hi kate,

getting engrossed in a television programme,or a good book,is soo good for you,its really a form of self-hypnosis..and if you come round thinking <where,am i>,then its worked a treat,as its taken your mind to another level,part of the relaxation zone....its also, the same,when your mind wanders,and you imagine wot it would be like if you won the lottery etc...we call it day dreaming,but in truth,its another form of self-hypnosis...these moments should be cherished...best wishes..bryan.