PDA

View Full Version : Will they ever go away....??

aish
06-05-09, 16:46
Hello All,

Have just stumbled upon this site and am finding there's not enough hours to read through it all!

I've been suffering from panic/ anxiety attacks for just over a year. Have tried to avoid medicines but have had to ask the dr for propranolol 40mg today :weep: .

I'm very wary of new medicines and am scared to start taking P in case it makes me worse or gives me another problem :shrug: .

I used to have asthma but it's not active and so the dr thinks i should be ok on P but has given me an inhaler just in case...which made me panic that much more :scared11: !!

Any advice from fellow P user and fellow asthmatics on P? Would be greatly appreciated :) .

Southern_Belle
06-05-09, 16:59
Hi Aish,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will offer their support. I rarely have to use my inhaler but when I do it makes my insides shake something awful. Now my son had really bad asthma (not so bad anymore) but he did not have the same reaction and does not have anxiety so maybe it just happens to those of us who suffer with anxiety. I'm just letting you know I know how you feel. I don't take the med you are on right now so I can't advise. I'm glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura

kewy
06-05-09, 17:20
hi aish my doctor put me on p a week ago and it has helped a great deal dont suffer from asthma though, i have found p has took a lot of panic symptoms away am able to get out the house a bit now...im newish to this site and it does help knowing your not alone....kewy

bobobob
06-05-09, 18:27
I don't think the doctor would have given you the P if he thought it would have an adverse affect. I suffer from anxiety depression and I'm on presciption meds which help but that was my choice. I wish you well and will think of you.

sunshine-lady
06-05-09, 22:13
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

Patty
06-05-09, 22:40
Hi Aish, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

aish
07-05-09, 12:32
Hi All,

Many thanks for ur msgs of support.

Have taken my first P this morning....feel ok...tho my tum is churning!!! Rather hav a churning tum than panic attacks anyday!!!!

Asthma seems ok too so all being well these tabs may just do the trick.

Love to all. Xx

aish
07-05-09, 14:09
Hi,

Does anyone knw how long P takes to kick in? Am back to the usual panic feleling :weep: .

Thanks