PDA

View Full Version : Low sugar level

lesleya
06-05-09, 18:13
I feel like s***e at the moment i was cooking my hubbys tea for him coming in and i broke out into a hot/cold sweat, felt sick, jelly legs, breathless, racing heart and i thoiught i was going to flake out. I had just had something to eat earlier so i didnt think it could be my sugar levels. But i literally threw his tea at him and came upstairs to test my glucose level and...it was right down. Ive had a sweet drink so it should make feel better soon.
I hate being a diabetic it really sucks. But my gp after 13 yrs of being on meds for it is trying to say now that im not because i manage my levels pretty well so he took my meds off me about 2 months ago because my last bloods were fine:shrug:...i just cant understand how he thinks?
Sorry for ranting but i needed to vent.
xxxx

sharona
08-05-09, 18:08
Hi Pet

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I would go back and ask for another test. We all know our own bodies. I hope you feel better soon.

Sharona :hugs: xxx

lesleya
09-05-09, 00:05
Hi
Been back today and had full bloods done, hes tested me for everything, the whole tick list. Dont know how ive got any blood left after all the nurse took off me today :)...so fingers crossed they come back ok.
But hes stilll sticking to his guns and saying ive got to wait for 3 months without taking my metformin then he will test my sugar levels again as the blood tests they do for glucose is an overall test and they can get an average after that time.
The thing is when you take metformin your not 'supposed' to experience low sugar levels...according to the drug companies, but thats a load of bull!! there isnt one person i know whose a diabetic that doesnt still have lows just the same taking metformin, so its about time these drug manufacturers looked at them again!!
So i had to pay another £27 for one box of glucose test strips today as he still wants me to test my sugars, but he wont give me a prescription until ive had these other tests, and only then if they show my levels are higher than they were before he stopped my pills:shrug: ....crazy man. He should be on medication himself....lol
Thanks for caring
xx