PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Str33tb0y
06-05-09, 22:53
Hi,

Im a newbie :). Just reading through site has really helped me. Im an OCD sufferer of 15 years or so, and I also have a General Anxiety disorder. I finally summoned the courage from somewhere last week and visited my gp. I was really embarrased about my problem as I though I was going mad :( anyways I didnt really explain myself the first time, so I went again yesterday and she upped my medication and said finally we are getting somewhere lol!. Anyways I have been referred for councilling/cbt but ive got to wait ages to see some1 as the waiting list is huge.

Anyways im really glad ive found this site the info on here as helped me so much, as have the sucess stories which give me hope Im gonna beat this illness :)

diane07
06-05-09, 23:03
A huge warm welcome to nmp

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way

best wishes

di xx

Patty
06-05-09, 23:04
Hi Str33tb0y, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here. It is so helpful to know that you're not alone in how you're feeling & the success stories are great. :yesyes:

Best wishes :)

JSW
07-05-09, 11:02
Hiya,

Welcome to NMP - I've only recently joined too. I'm at the stage where ok, I know I've OCD, but still panic that no in face I'm actually going crazy! Although I just have to keep re-assuring myself.
It's so great to be able to chat to people who understand. I'm trying to read loads of this - I bought a book called CBT for dummies, which is good and I've just ordered another one called "Imp of the mind", its scary too reading everything as us OCD'er take in everything, its like I've a new fear everyday, but I have to be strong.... it's hard though :-( I hope that soon I will get there in the end and be my old happy self again and brush these awful thoughts off as exactly what they are "Intrusive thoughts", part of OCD not me :-)
Good luck xxxx

sb001f8994
07-05-09, 11:17
:welcome:Hiya and welcome. This site has been a great help to me, Ive only been here a few weeks and already feel tons better. Theres good information and its nice to know that others are just like me. Best wishes xx