PDA

View Full Version : So very fed up

SarahP
07-05-09, 09:49
Sorry to be whinging, but I just feel so fed up today. My GAD has totally taken over me physically at the moment, and I feel so tired and achey, like someone is sitting on me!

Also, I tried to sleep last night, and everytime I started to drift off, my brain would panic and jerk me back to being awake. It's almost like when I'm awake I'm vaguely able to be in control, but when I'm relaxing to sleep my mind goes crazy and I start panicking. it can be any thought at all that panics me. Does anyone else ever get this when they are trying to sleep? Also I'm often reluctant to sleep as I know I'll wake up to feeling bad again. There's a nasty part of my brain that tells me I don't deserve to relax and be happy, and that part is winning at the moment.

I started taking Citalopram about a week ago (cut my 20mg tabs in half at first) and seemed to be doing ok, but tried to up my dose a few days ago which has coincided with me feeling like this. I've tried so many tablets, and I realy want to stick these out. But I just don't know if it's my own anxiety or the drugs making me feel this bad at the moment.

I just don't know which way to turn and all I want to do is sleep, but of course I can't do that!

Argh. Sorry for ranting and rambling, I just needed to get some stuff out. Anyone ever feel similar?

Thanks for reading

Sarah xx

bottleblond
07-05-09, 11:26
Sarah

Night time is the worst because you have nothing to distract your thoughts and you end up thinking even more.

I used to have the radio on down very low next to my bed. Just high enough that i could make out the voices and concentrate on them.
It didn't keep me awake but i found that i would fall asleep still listening to the radio rather than listening to my own thoughts and fears.

Hope you feel better soon
Lisa
xx

tara1987
07-05-09, 13:26
hiya sarap. i know what you mean, do that all the time! even before i was on medication. i found it so annoying, because if i couldnt sleep, i know id end up crying all night then about random stuff, that probly wont even happen etc... now i sit in bed with my laptop either reading, or playing them silly big fish finding games, so im concentating,which makes me sleepy because with tv my mind still wondered! or you could try reading?

i hope things get better for you! x

SarahP
07-05-09, 20:47
Hi Lisa and Tara,

Thanks for the advice! I'm hoping I'll sleep better tonight, having the radio on is a good plan. For some reason I never think to turn my light on and do something when I can't sleep, I just lie there thinking and then usually crying!

I'll try something new tonight :)

Sarah xx

mick_uk
07-05-09, 21:47
I do the same as lisa said, I always have the radio by the bed on low.
Chose a boring station, radio 4 is mind numbingly boring late at night, just right to drift off to.
I also have some audio books on mp3, I wake up ten chapters later and havn't a clue who killed who or why :D

mick

dyson321
08-05-09, 00:33
hi sarah i know what your going through i am the same try the radio its good im so scared at night but you get by and then dawn is there and its such a good feeling