PDA

View Full Version : I'm sure I have breast cancer.

hc91
07-05-09, 21:09
I know I posted a thread yesterday, but I am feeling unbelievably bad today. I have too many symptoms for this just to be a cyst or something.
The lump which I found was just under my aerola, next to my nipple - I actually think there were two lumps, one tiny one and a slightly bigger one - the doctor said they were the same one but I don't think they are. The slightly bigger one feels OK still, but it is the tinier one I can hardly feel anymore, the area around it has become quite sore and tender - my parents have said this is because I play around with it so much but I don't think so.
Also, whenever I start messing with the lumps, the nipple becomes hard and the aerola becomes wrinkled - but only the part of the aerola in the area of the lumps, which is very worrying. It goes back to normal when I stop messing with it.
Also, I started getting tiny pinprick white/black flecks on my breast a while ago which would rub off, so I just assumed they were coming off my bra. But I now think they are discharge, although when I squeeze my nipple, no fluid comes out, and the specks are not fluid-like either. I have actually noticed these white flecks in various areas on my nipple, although they don't come out like a fluid. I don't know where the black ones are coming from - but I think it might be dried blood, although I haven't seen this actually coming from my nipple.
I am so so scared, and none of my family will take me seriously, which is extremely frustrating, they just keep telling me to stop it.

AntiLove_SuperStar
07-05-09, 21:26
Ultimately though, this is your body and your health. It may be completely nothing, but if you are worried (and symptoms do not sound normal!) go to your GP, a walk in clinic, anywhere you can get a qualified medical opinion. Your family obviously think one way and you another, but you have a choice as to whether you go for another opinion :-)

amandaj
07-05-09, 21:42
at the end of the day its your body ,you know when something doesnt feel right ,as said above your family should support you really ,but its so difficult for people to understand, how old are you out of interest?

hc91
07-05-09, 21:45
I'm 17. I have made a doctors appointment for tomorrow.

amandaj
07-05-09, 21:47
i think its probably the changes teens go through your experiencing atm , ive got 2 teenage daughters and one always says she feels lumpy around the time of her period sure its nothing to worry about but let us know

amandaxx

hc91
07-05-09, 21:51
The discharge I have talked about, is kind of milky white and comes out of both nipples. Is this a good sign? Like I said before, I'm not sure if these black specs are anything to do with this, I don't know whether they are dried blood, they could just be off my top or something, hopefully.

starlight78
07-05-09, 21:51
Hi HC,
It's very very unlikely to be breast cancer at your age.. I think Amanda's right it is most likely to be hormonal changes. I vaguely remember when i was in my late teens my boobs were very lumpy and bumpy and my nipples seemed to change from day to day...
Having said all that though your doctor will be able to give you some good advice. Best of luck xx

hc91
07-05-09, 22:00
I'm on the pill aswell, for my skin though. Can this affect you hormones at all?

nomorepanic
07-05-09, 22:02
The pill is designed to effect your hormones

You are way too young for breast cancer and it is highly highly highly unlikely

robelros
08-05-09, 02:20
i agree with the people above - it is EXTREMELY unlikely for somebody who is 17 to have breast cancer. i am so so glad that you're going to the doctor though, i know from personal experience that that is the ONLY thing that will put your mind at ease. please let us know how it goes. but i do agree that i think you are just fine!

amandaj
08-05-09, 15:24
hope your feeling a bit better today
amandax

randomworry
09-05-09, 00:01
hi OP please try not to worry too much. when people are teenagers the body goes through a lot of change due to hormones this may be what is causing the problems with your breast. trust me bodies are weird im a 24 year old man and when i was a teen by nipples produced a white discharge so that just goes to show that things people think are not possible can happen and can be completly harmless.

all the best