PDA

View Full Version : over weight and panicking

gemchanel
07-05-09, 22:16
I have always had trouble controlling my weight....i can be strict as anything then binge for months...im now at my heaviest 18 stone ish maybe more.
I worry about my heart all the time ...ive had ecg's and blood tests all is ok but i still worry.... i hate the way i am but i cant get food outta my head.oi worry if i get palps or if i get a twitch or a pain.

Does anyone else worry about there weight?

lauren6
07-05-09, 22:26
Hi gem, I try to keep my weight normal but am more concerned about eating healthy. Lots of heart trouble in my family so I watch the saturated fats, read every label and no transfats. if you got good news, focus on keeping it that way. There are snacks that are really low in fat. This is something you can control so that you don't get the real thing (heart trouble). It's like people who are afraid of cancer but keep smoking...I don't get it. Fate has a part in our health but we are the captain of our ship as far as what we take into our mouths. I do worry about my weight for many reasons, it puts stress on my knees, which are already bad and I don't want to wind up with a bypass operation which my family has had. So it isn't so much about appearance for me as much as getting heart trouble, diabetes, bad knees, etc.