PDA

View Full Version : Panic attack

lesleya
07-05-09, 22:51
Sorry but im having a mega panic attack.....not had one this bad for a long long time and dont know whats caused it either i was just lying on the bed watching the tv. Am having trouble co-ordinating my breathing if that makes sense, i feel like im breathing in when i should be breathing out feels weird. Got up out of bed as he is asleep dont want to wake him, he cant help anyway.
Sorry folks i dont normally do this.
xxx

diane07
07-05-09, 23:02
Aww les, sorry to hear this hun, i used to have this prob a long while ago, i used to use a paper bag to control my breathing or distraction, listen to music or something, i found the more i thought of it the worse i got.
I used to get this while trying to get to sleep too, so i ended up listening to music and falling to sleep.
hope this helps hun

di xx

lesleya
07-05-09, 23:14
Thanks di yes your right thats why i got up to try and distract myself and come on my pc, like you say its the best thing to stop you thinking about it, im afraid the breathing bits always been my bugbear. I hate this i thought i was over the hyperventilating part for good, but doesnt loook like it now.
Thanks di
xxxx

diane07
07-05-09, 23:25
Les i found i was worse if i was overtired, its only a blip hun, it will stop, you only think you're breathing wrong, stay on the forums until it subsides hun, you can always pm me if you need to.

di xx

lesleya
07-05-09, 23:44
Cheers di i appreciate that.

Im doing some ironing now would you believe to take my mind off, so ive put the ironing board beside my pc so im reading the forum while im doing it.:)
Keep calming down then remembering why i was panicing in the first place and start myself off again...tut.
I will tire myself doing this so i will calm down soon.
Thanks
xx