PDA

View Full Version : How can i cope in public?

aish
08-05-09, 00:24
I went out for a meal with friends which I normally love to do and enjoy. However, I was unable to eat and felt as tho I couldn't breatha nd jus wanted to run out and keep running. I'v never felt it so bad before wen I'v been out. Could this b linked to the fact that I startd takin propranolol today? Advice would b greatly appreciated

bonnie1980
08-05-09, 00:35
hi hun i got put on them and they didnt do me the world of good i had bad side affects i had to cut them down now im not on them and when i have a p/a there not so bad when i was on them they made them wores
plz talk to your doc hun they might not be for you if you want to talk to me im on msn bonnie.69@hotmail.co.uk i wish you well and i will pray for you i know what its like to be in this hell hope to chat soon :flowers:

aish
08-05-09, 22:02
Thanks Bonnie,

Im on 40mg of P. The panic/ anxiety attacks dont seem to have changed much since i've been on P. For the past 2weeks the attacks have been very frequent and throughout the day. I feel as tho my mind isnt resting and is constantly active. I got P from dr on Wednes and it doesnt seem to have made a difference but isnt making me worse either. My only worry is that the dr has said that if P doesnt work then the next thing to give me is anti- depressants. I dont want them and so this is also adding to my many worries!!

Valka
08-05-09, 23:04
Hi there!
This sounds familiar, I bet most of us have had a similar experience and it's really nasty. You just want to enjoy yourself like everyone else, like you used to, and your body takes over and starts panicking.
However, most meds that I know of make the anxiety/panic worse for a while before making it better. I know it sounds weird, but that seems to be how it works. I recently started taking Cipralex again after being off it for a long time, and have been building up to 10mg (started on 2,5 for a week, then up to 5, etc.). Every time I've increased it, I've felt really tense for a couple of days but then it gets better. Last night I increased the meds up to 10mg and today I feel a lot worse than I did yesterday. I'm just going to have to wait it out.
Hope you feel better soon x x x x

Rachel_123
09-05-09, 12:52
hey :)

to be honest i'm exactly the same, i want to go out and enjoy myself, yet if i go out to a restaurant or the cinema, i feel like i can't cope, my chest tightens up and i just want to run. I went to the cinema last night and spend 45 minutes of the film fighting the anxiety. thankfully i calmed myself down. I've found its my thinking that drives the anxiety and not medication or anything else.