PDA

View Full Version : whats wrong with me

cassina88
08-05-09, 02:41
hi everyone, i'm 20 years old and have social anxiety and generalized anxiety disorder. I know that anxiety can make it harder to make friends but i don't feel like its just because of that for me. I feel like everything i say is stupid and that i have nothing to offer anyone. I just feel like i can't connect with people and that people don't like me or get sick of me easily. Does anyone else feel this way? I feel like i have a flawed personality and am a loser, and just not capable of being liked or loved, i hate myself, and so does everyone else. everyone my age has tons of friends and goes to parties, and they dont have a problem with it at all, i just wanna be normal, what am i doing wrong, i'm nice to people....never thought i would have a hard time having friends, what's wrong with me??!!!!! and when i do say something i just come off as awkward or strange, i'm a freak

Oceanblue
08-05-09, 06:18
hi everyone, i'm 20 years old and have social anxiety and generalized anxiety disorder. I know that anxiety can make it harder to make friends but i don't feel like its just because of that for me. I feel like everything i say is stupid and that i have nothing to offer anyone. I just feel like i can't connect with people and that people don't like me or get sick of me easily. Does anyone else feel this way? I feel like i have a flawed personality and am a loser, and just not capable of being liked or loved, i hate myself, and so does everyone else. everyone my age has tons of friends and goes to parties, and they dont have a problem with it at all, i just wanna be normal, what am i doing wrong, i'm nice to people....never thought i would have a hard time having friends, what's wrong with me??!!!!! and when i do say something i just come off as awkward or strange, i'm a freak

Oh : ( Am sorry to hear you're feeling so low.

You are not a freak though Cass, it sounds to me you have very low self esteem right now and suffering with depression maybe, because of your anxiety etc (how all this is making you feel).

There is nothing wrong with you, this is the anxiety talking.

Are you receiving any help with your feelings, by a doc or therapist?

Keep talking here, we are here to listen. You are not strange, a freak or anything like that, you are human whose feeling very low because of this disorder.

Everyones here for you.

Please take care of yourself x

Southern_Belle
08-05-09, 18:29
Hi Cassina,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will give you their support. There is nothing with you. I suggest you go look under the social anxiety section and i'm sure you will find that many feel just like you do. I hope you like the site and I'm glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura

duskess
08-05-09, 19:21
Hello Cassina , Welcome to NMP, lots of help advice and understanding members , you are not alone , glad you found the site, take care:welcome: Dusky x