PDA

View Full Version : These panic attacks r awful

anx mum
08-05-09, 10:21
Got up this morning and feel really anxious everyday is a struggle. Having hypnotherapy im hoping this will cure me. My worse symptom is my breathing feeling like i havent got enough air this is the worse symptom ever. Im so fed up of these returning.:weep:

diane07
08-05-09, 10:40
Hopefully your hypnotherapy will help, good luck with it, i've had it twice and i have to say it helped me, the first one i had it took my anx and panic away for a long time, the second i had to go on a four hour journey to see my son pass out from the army, it was a major ordeal for me as i'm agoraphobic, but i did it.
I used to be like you many years ago with the not feeling like your taking in enough air, that was about 18 years ago and i have never had it since, so please take some hope from that, if you get a good hypnotherapist it does help massively.

best wishes

di xx

PoppyC
08-05-09, 13:03
Hi Bev
I am interested in having hypnotherapy. Let us know how it goes. Hopefully it will be of benefit to you. I am sorry you are having trouble with your breathing today. Its awful isn't it. Do you have any relaxation cds or relaxing music you can listen to, and somewhere quiet and relaxing where you can take yourself off to, maybe have a long relaxing bath whilst listening to them? I find having long soaks in the bath really unwinds me or just taking a bit of time out to totally switch off and relax, and concentrate on my breathing from the stomach rather than just using the chest. I keep practising this and it does help calm me.
If the hynotherapy helps you it would be great. Fingers crossed for you!

lesleya
09-05-09, 00:44
Hi mumy
This is my symptom too, it really does suck doesnt it and it can be so scary. I feel like i cant get enough air in and find myself watching my breathing a lot. I do it as soon as i wake up most days ...which is so stupid of me because it starts me panicing...and off i go again, so i try to distract myself as its the only thing that helps me.
I was free of them for many years and hang on to the fact that i did it once before and i can do it again.
I really hope the hypnotherapy works for you hun.
Best of luck
xxxx

Nicola_lou
10-05-09, 00:16
I hate this breathing problem I really do hate it, it causes so many problems for me. I panic so much with it. For the last couple of weeks I've been ok, now its back and I can't say its twice as worse cause its bad anyway.
I went for hypnotherapy only once cause I didn't feel comfortable with him and I didn't find him that good. But I think ill try another one.