PDA

View Full Version : don't you just hate it when....

cheekycharlie
08-05-09, 19:14
today, I have had such a good day, I finished my work for a deadline 5 days early, I gave a presentation (which was bricking it about) brilliantly & I felt so good and now, just settled down to eat & I feel really sick, I have stabbing pains in my tummy & I feel really unwell. I haven't finished my meal cos it was making me feel so sick but at the same time I am hungry. I made plans (in my head) of everything I was going to do this weekend which was go to supermarket, go get some new curtains, go to garden centre & then I feel like this! Everytime I make plans I fall ill over something. I almost feel like its my own fault for making plans cos it always seams to happen. Does anyone else get this? xx

lauraw
08-05-09, 21:24
Hi,
I have experienced that before. I seem to be ok under a bit of pressure but crack once its all by with and I try to relax. Its as if my body doesn't know how to relax.I usually get it when I am going on a nice night out like a wedding or out for dinner, it comes on for no reason and then I can't shut it off and it ruins the night.
suffering from anxiety one thing I have realise is that you can't let it win, you have to try and be incontrol of your sympotms and not let your symptoms control you. So you need to keep your plans for this weekend. Go to the supermarket and the garden centre whats the worse that could happen? You feel sick? so what if you have to actually be sick there are always toilets in these places. But then this might not happen, you might be fine and enjoy it!
So don't let anxiety win, keep your plans!

Laura

minihaha
09-05-09, 00:18
today, I have had such a good day, I finished my work for a deadline 5 days early, I gave a presentation (which was bricking it about) brilliantly & I felt so good and now, just settled down to eat & I feel really sick, I have stabbing pains in my tummy & I feel really unwell. I haven't finished my meal cos it was making me feel so sick but at the same time I am hungry. I made plans (in my head) of everything I was going to do this weekend which was go to supermarket, go get some new curtains, go to garden centre & then I feel like this! Everytime I make plans I fall ill over something. I almost feel like its my own fault for making plans cos it always seams to happen. Does anyone else get this? xx

hi cheekycharlie, i hope you are feeling better now. You have dealt with and faced a lot of your fears today by completing the presentation and done it so well. Dont over analyse retrospectively - instead you should applaud yourself on a job well done. I have suffered anxiety for many years and i often suffer feelings like you have described. Instead of worrying about what you are doing for the rest of the weekend, you should congratulate yourself on what you have achieved today - never beat yourself up. Have a relaxing day and then if you feel like it go to the supermarket and garden centre the day after - just dont be pushing yourself . Well done on your achievements today x