PDA

View Full Version : I think I realise why I've been bad lately!

xBettyBoopx
09-05-09, 02:51
Well, this might sound strange, but I've lived on me own for a longgggggggg time. I have always talked to myself, as if there's someone with me! Like I suppose to get stuff off me chest.

Well a couple of months ago, a new couple moved in upstairs from me & I can here them all the time, even when they are just talking. So that's made me stop talking to meself incase they call the men in white coats for me:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

So now, instead of getting things off me chest verbally, this stuff is going around in me head all the time.

Well my bad time last couple of months seems to conincide with these new people moving in, so I'm either just gonna talk to meself & let them think what they like or find another way of getting stuff off me chest:scared15: :scared15: :scared15:

How strange is that though????!!!

Els

mau
09-05-09, 03:07
Els if they're making a racket upstairs then they wont hear you talking to yourself.

Not only that how are they to know you don't have visitors?

If it makes you feel better talking to yourself, keep it up girl.....No One here will tell a soul.:hugs:

xBettyBoopx
09-05-09, 03:40
Hey mau

Cheers for that. I feel a bit better already that I know what's caused this extra anxiety lately. The people upstairs make a lot of noise when they have friends over but otherwise they are quite quiet. But I'm gonna go back to the way I was before, for my own sanity.:D :D :D

I don't like these peeps anyway, so why shud I care what they think:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Thanks for replying mau.
Els
xxx

amandaj
09-05-09, 12:57
elspeth do whatever you need to feel better for yourself, maybe if you feel uncomfortable and they might hear you ,put some music on and chat away to yourself they wont hear anything then

take care
amandax

PoppyC
09-05-09, 14:33
Hi Elspeth :)
I would forget about what your noisy neighbours think - they dont think about keeping the noise down do they? I would chat away to yourself if you feel like it.
I often chat to myself and I mean entire full on conversations and debates as though another person were here. Sometimes I dont realise until later on into talking.
I find it helps - whatever we are thinking we can get out in the open and if no one else is around it really does help me.
I hope your neighbours keep the noise down for a while - there is nothing worse is there when you feel anxious and the neighbours are being noisy.
:hugs:

Mully
09-05-09, 16:33
I am always talking to myself lol.. even when I'm out shopping I will go through my list out loud!. If I see a bogoff ( buy one get one free) on something I like I will say out loud.. ' ooh a boggoff!'.. I don't care anymore, it's the way I am and I get some strange looks sometimes :shades:..

I will talk to myself at home and people around me say 'what?' .. I just say oh, I'm just talking to myself and they say ok lol.. weirdo!.

If you are worried about them upstairs then put some music on like Amanda said and sit and have a chat to yourself.. or you could perhaps get a pad and pen and write it all down instead of saying it out loud.

Personally I would not care what they thought, but thats just me.. I spent too many years when I was younger worrying about that other peeps thought of me.. now i don't care lol.. and besides, so what if they hear you talking, they cannot see you can they ? they would think you were on the phone maybe ? or that your guest talks quieter than you do :D ..Thats an idea.. pick up your phone and talk to it .. it's no different to talking to the wall or the sofa..

Don't let them stop you from doing what is helping you cope. It is your home, your life and you can do whatever the hell you want :)

Huggles xx

jue67
09-05-09, 20:02
Hon
dont care what they think and if you cant manage that put some music on or the tv a little louder and talk yourself round.

love

jools

xBettyBoopx
09-05-09, 21:26
Hey ev1

Thanks so much for your replies. I know I shouldn't worry if they can hear me, I'm certainly not worried myself that I talk to myself because I know a lot of people do.:winks: :winks: :winks:

I'm just glad that I've found the answer to why I've been feeling so much more anxious & panicky lately.

Thanks gain for replying, very kind of you all.

Love
Els
xxx

samc100
09-05-09, 22:53
Keep talking to yourself Just turn the radio up !

I chat to myself at home alot - I vocalize stuff. I drive colleagues at work nuts. But I do it when I am out now in shops. I wi be there saying "oh look at that. It's lovely".

I think it is since having children - with my baby I am doing a running commentary to him most of the day.

Bill
10-05-09, 02:42
Dear Els:hugs:

From what you've said in your posts about your neighbours, I reckon you'd have to be shouting to yourself or using a megaphone for them to hear you!!!

I'm always talking to the dog. Even if they could hear you, they'd probably think you have some kind of pet!

I can understand the connection with your anxiety but just carry on as you were. Your health and wellbeing is much more important.:bighug1: