PDA

View Full Version : I believe I'm dying

Oceanblue
09-05-09, 04:23
I've started to loose weight rapidly. I think I'm dying of some physical illness. I know my mind is broken, but maybe this other illness is the main cause and is sending me insane.

I can't eat very much at all and nothing fits me anymore, I need belts with everything.

I'm 33 and have two young children. What will they do without their mummy ? I don't want to leave them behind:emot-crying: .

I don't know what to do, I feel really mentally ill and I have a horrible fear that i'll never come back.

What on earth will my children do ? I love them so much.

Tori Frances
09-05-09, 08:39
Hi Katie,
I am also losing weight rapidly but feel its because of the constant anxiety - can't relax and so burning many calories. Also really stuggling to eat. Could it be this you are losing weight for? You are not dying, your fears are just evil anxiety getting better of you. Once this is treated properly you will feel better and be able to put things in perspective.
Hope this helps. PM if you want.

diane07
09-05-09, 08:48
Katie,

when i was really bad last year, i lost so much weight and everybody kept telling me which didn't help, try build up or complan along with the food you can eat, it will help you build up your appetite again.

I started eating small amounts alot throughout the day as i felt i couldn't manage a big dinner, i'm now back to my normal weight and probably eating a bit more than i'm supposed to, you won't be dying hun its just your loss of appetite caused by the stress you've had.

best wishes

di xx

athanasy
09-05-09, 10:07
I agree with the other posters here - I lost two stones last year when my anxiety was at its worst and before I sought medication. For me it was because I was constantly on edge, couldn't eat full meals because of the anxious knot in my stomach and I decided I preferred the feeling of hunger which would partly obscure the feelings of fear. It's very probably your anxiety.

However I do think it is very important you see your doctor. Having a check up an finding out for sure that you are not sick will be a big step towards putting your mind at rest. At the same time your doctor can help you with your anxiety and either prescribe medication or alter the medication you are on. So please go to your GP...

mick_uk
09-05-09, 10:28
Hiya katie,
You said yourself that 'you can't eat very much at all', that would explain your weight loss in it's self.
You must get to your GP and get them to sort you out. it's probably the vicious circle of not eating, getting thin, feeling weak, then getting anxious about your weight which causes the lack of appetite again.
Make an appointment with your doc Katie, there's ways they can help your appetite return and reasure you that alls well

take care

mick

amandaj
09-05-09, 12:48
anxiety and stress can make you loose weight and make you loose your appetite try some complan or other drinks with nutrients in them as di said xx

belle
09-05-09, 12:56
I can't eat very much at all

Could this be why you're losing weight?

I know anxiety/stress/depression causes loss of appetite - obviously leading to weight loss.

What other (non anxiety) physical symptoms are you experiencing that makes you think you are ill?

x

happyone
09-05-09, 17:58
I don't think you are dying hun:hugs:

You are stressed to the max and really not too wellat the moment. You are not eating well and you are burning nervous energy.
My psych suggests that when I am feeling like you seem to be, that I stock up on fruit corners. They are easy to eat because they taste pleasant, are not too heavy, don't require chewing and are moist for if your mouth gets dry like mine does.
Happyone
x

samc100
09-05-09, 22:55
Hugs Katie - it is the stress and anxiety. It is all bundled together.

Eat little and often. And ask if you can take vitamins to keep your immune system boosted.

suzy-sue
10-05-09, 00:04
Like other s have said its the anxiety Katie,I lost a stone last August,and everything hung on me,.I drank complan and smoothies, the smoothies are lovely and come in loads of different flavours.Youve had a really bad time lately and your body needs nutrition for you to get well again .Sending you lots of hugs and hope you feel better soon:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Sue:bighug1: xx

Bill
10-05-09, 02:34
Sweet Katie:hugs:

As the others have said, you're simply not eating enough and this is combined with all the stress and anxiety you're experiencing.:hugs:

You Will get through this bad spell Dear Katie so Try not to worry too much.:hugs: xxx

When I first met my wife she'd just come out of hospital. She was narly your age at the time. She was Really thin due to the effects of her mental illness but she soon put the weight back on. Don't forget a side-effect of meds is weight gain so you'll soon be complaining about being too fat...just as my wife did when she got better!!! lol

Things WILL get better for you sweet Katie. Try to be patient.:bighug1: