PDA

View Full Version : citalopram and pregnancy?

nicki31
09-05-09, 15:37
HI
Im wondering if any of you have taken citalopram while pregnant? My anxiety and panic attacks are really bad at the minute and the doctor has put me back on them. I am 23 weeks pregnant and a little nervous as to how they will effect the baby but also cant cope with the way I am feeling either!! Thanks xx

dange
09-05-09, 19:02
HI there,

I was talking to my cpn recently and she told me that in general its not recommended whilst pregnant, but it can be done in certain circumstances as long as you are carefully monitored. If you are still worried, i would go back to your doctor who might be able to prescribe something else or put your mind at ease.

Good luck xxx

Tori Frances
23-05-09, 10:25
Hi,
I am not sure of the answer to your question but I would like to know how you get on. I am on Citalopram and think it will have to be a long term thing. Want to have kids at some point and Dr has said will prob have to stay on medication but Hubby says he wouldn't have kids in this situation. Hope you are feeling better anyway.

nicki31
24-05-09, 17:51
Hi Tori
I am still taking the citalopram both the doctor and the midwife have said that the benefits to my mental health far outweigh the risks to the baby. I am feeling a bit better but still anxious but still struggling go back to the doctor next week will let you know how i get on xxxx