PDA

View Full Version : omerazapole?

zippy
09-05-09, 15:59
Is there anyone taking this medicine and if so how long is it until you notice a difference?

Trish
09-05-09, 16:05
Hiya Zippy

Yes i take it every morning and have been doing so for a number of years. I can't remember how long it took to work, but i don't think it was long:yesyes:

Trish x

lauren6
09-05-09, 16:21
I take another one similar and also don't remember exactly as it's been a few years but I think it was about 3 to 5 days where the reflux was gone. I also was careful about the food so maybe that helped.

nomorepanic
09-05-09, 19:06
I take it occasionally and feel better after 2 days at the most.

lonely
09-05-09, 19:56
:) i take it also didn't take too long

bex1970
10-05-09, 22:31
i used to take it and was told by my GP it can take 2 weeks or so to kick in... and if you read the blurb, they say longer - that's why you have to remember to take it as it needs build up to be effective.
x

DrTroy
10-05-09, 22:42
I take this on and off works really well, I dont get any side effects. Doc said its been around 10 years I think and is very popular in europe. I was concerned about long term use but there has been no studies to the best of my knowledge that shows anything bad from taking it..

j2
11-05-09, 03:33
For me it takes 3 or 4 days before I notice it working.

Cat80
11-05-09, 10:23
I've been taking it for over a year, helps my acid a lot (doesn't stop the feeling of being sick though because of reflux). Took a couple of days to start working for the acid

jone36
11-08-09, 20:30
Hi

I was taking it too, it makes me feel so sick so I went back to my doc and his given me Lansoprazol which apparently is the alternative, I took my first dose this morning. I dont particularly like this 1 erither (sickly feeling again) I can Its 8.30pm now and Ive still got that burning feeling around my belly button area. Hope it kicks in soon though.

Thanx Johnny

pollyanna
11-08-09, 22:33
HI

I have been taking this for a few a few years now, and after a few days it worked wonders

P x

Pam.J
12-08-09, 10:40
Hi all,

I am taking Lansoprozol which is a similar thing, i found it took a few days before i noticed any real difference, then after about 2 weeks i started getting side effects which were just as bad, was told to stick it out and side effects would pass, was also advised to try a wheat free diet, that really seems to have helped although it can be a difficult diet to follow as there is wheat in all sorts of things such as gravy granules not just obvious bread and biscuits etc, but well worth persevering at, i have felt a lot better over the last 2 weeks of no wheat/gluten

good luck with it Pam