PDA

View Full Version : Weird smell and then funny breathing turn

Gryphoenix
09-05-09, 20:30
After coming from a bathroom that has a particularly strong bleachy smell, about thirty seconds afterwards I almost couldn't breathe for about a minute with this intense, strong plasticy smell. Almost like the smell I get when I went inside those inflated kiddie moon bounce things. I thought it was from someone microwaving plastic, cause it was an almost unbearable smell that seemed to penetrate all the way inside my lungs or something. I think panicking and almost hyperventalating had a lot to do with it, cause the next day I went to the same bathroom thinking nothing of it and got the smell again about thirty seconds after I left, but it wasn't as intense. Still scary though. Nobody else seemed to smell it though...the bleachy smell yes, but not the overwhelming plasticy smell. I started freaking out thinking it was my lungs shutting down from exposure to bleach or something. XD

Do you think any kind of bleach or cleaning thing might have had something to do with it? Has anyone had this before? It was so scary!

yanksforever
10-05-09, 16:51
I was laying in bed one day and got this really sharp bleechy smell in my nose which really caused me to panic. It never came back but it was really strange. If you ask me, you're fine. It doesn't sound like your lungs shutting down at all!! Are you going blue, fainting? :-b Just kidding. You're fine dear. Anxiety messing with your head, making small things seem like big things.

Nicola_lou
10-05-09, 17:14
I get this I think I'm not breathing tidy its like a burning smell I keep thinking that I'm breathing in carbon instead of oxygen it only last a few mins but scary. I'm also had pain in my chest so I have been for xray today all ok.

Gryphoenix
13-05-09, 23:24
Brilliant, thank you! I went in the bathroom distracted today, not thinking about it, and didn't even realize I had smelled the smell and when I did I was like...oh, this wasn't so bad after all, I got all worked up! Wow, the mind really does play tricks on us, doesn't it?