PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety Bad Again Scared! No 1 Listens Any Mor They Blame Ev Symptom On Anxiey

daniellemarie
09-05-09, 21:22
hiya every one just looking for some well some ppl with the same symptoms as me i have sufferd with anxiety for 6 years i was soo bad when i first started a ashma attack started mine off at the age of 15 in collage i have forght it time n time again but i am with a partner n have a son now n have had bad times with my partner n that is what has made this anxiety reacare this time now i am ten times worse its horrible i take tablets which i no make my anxiety worse pain killer tablets but when i start i realy think its not the tablets im dieing or ill have a brain hemrage my anxiety is mostly about my head couple years ago i was soooo convinced i had a brain tumor i use to cry my self to sleep it was bad i use to refer it as i had a brain tumor i was terrified i did get better in time i did go the doctors cause i had headaches all of the time i had headaches for a whole year but never got sent for a brain scan which i wonted so much i never actualy said that to the doctor i had sinuse scan it was clear i do still think sum times i have a brain tumor not as bad as i was but like i was saying when my panic comes on i am convinced im not anxiouse im sayin this now thinkin was i anxiouse cuz i dont think i am when my mum says i am anxiouse which is briging on the panic n dread im guna die at times when i do no its a panic attack i still think onistly its not a panic attack its seriouse when i go out with my boyfriend im ok but i think about panic or what if i die or if like my brain bleeds or sum thin bad n i sart i just say take me home now i feell safe when im with my mum n at home i always ring my mum but when i am having a panic she cnt say nothin to convice me im ok its just panic i say no mum its diffrent this time im guna die or sumthin but im gettin that way now i dnt belive my mum cuz she says things so i stop panic n then i think well she thinks im panic its like the little boy cryin wolf this tie its real n no one listens i go to my doctors she blames every thin on anxiety last 4 wekks i have had numbness in my hands actulay numb horriblei have she said anxiety wrong i ahd been oin a lot of cleanin n movin helpin family move as 4 family members have moved in 3 weeks n have helped clean n i have done my gardens so i hv=ave carpol tunnel syndrom i went my local walk in center as they dnt no my pasdt they listend so i dnt realy feelsafe going to my doc or my mum it is hard for me myboyfriend makes me feel abnormal sumtimes calls me freak i need help i get scared sum times n think im guna lose it its horrible any ways any body the same ????? thanks for listening :smile: xxDaniellexx

nomorepanic
09-05-09, 22:39
I am really sorry but I find that so hard to read with text talk and no paragraphs but I am sure others will be able to read it and help.

lauren6
09-05-09, 23:21
Hi Danielle, If I am understanding this correctly, you really do think that you have a brain tumor but nobody will listen and you have never actually asked the doctor to do a brain scan. I am not really clear on what you would like now. Would it ease your mind to get the scan? I don't know your age but if the doctor sees no signs of a brain tumor, even without the scan, is there something that will convince you that maybe it is all in your imagination (we all do have vivid imaginations here, I know I do!)

I have had very bad headaches and they are always brought on by anxiety. I can't diagnose you, nobody can on a board but I will ask you, what makes you think it's a tumor? Is there a part of you at times that can see this differently and believe that you are catastrophizing this into something worse than it most likely is?

As far as your boyfriend and mother, we all here have to understand how hard it is for someone without these fears to understand. It seems silly and irrational to them and they often will say things that aren't helpful and can be downright mean, like yours calling you a freak. I had an ex that said something equally cruel. It's their frustration speaking, they care and men especially like to "fix things" and get a little crazy when they feel helpless in doing so.

Have you thought about seeing a therapist? If you read this board often, you hear us talking about cognitive therapy. I think it would really be helpful. You say the pills aren't helping and even making things worse. Are you getting them from a regular doctor or a psychiatrist? Daniella, you seem very distraught and I believe it would be so good for you to sit down with someone who understands and can sort things out for you. In answer to your last question, yes, a lot of us feel this way. It is a HARD condition to live with and I know I feel at times I am at the end of my rope. How do you feel about getting some help with this with a therapist? Would you know how to obtain a referral? I wish you well...just try to believe that it can get better in the meantime and take one step at a time.

lindzanne
09-05-09, 23:54
You just described me. No matter what anyone says I feel like I know the deep dark truth and it is that I have cancer, brain tumor, etc......I'm not sure exactly how to comfort you because my fear did pass, but I don't want to invalidate your fears. I went to so many doctors cause I thought I had brain tumor and no one would even give me a scan. The truth is they were right. It taught me alot about talking myself down from anxiety and repeating what my doctors have said over and over in my head, it did make me feel better.
I agree a therapist could really help you, having a boyfriend who calls you a freak is NOT ok!! at all! because you are not. Health anxiety is a real thing and you deserve sympathetic people. A therapist that will sympathize and that you feel you can trust and listens to you, and maybe a new doctor that understands Health Anxiety?
Don't be afraid to reach out to people here again, pm me if you want to talk more because you really are describing what I went through.

Valka
10-05-09, 00:35
Hi there,
feeling like you're not being listened to is one of the vicious circles of health anxiety. I know how you feel!
It sounds like the people around you don't completely understand your anxiety. I think most of us have been told we're being paranoid/silly/unreasonable etc. at some point or another, when people don't realize how bad it can make you feel. I agree with the people who've said talking to a professional who actually understands it is a really good step. Psychatrists/therapists know what it's all about so they'll not judge you and they'll recognize all these feelings that you're experiencing. Group therapy or some sort of group meet-ups can also be good because all of us who have health anxiety go through similar things.
Also, I know it's difficult to believe it can be the anxiety that makes you feel this bad - but it can! Just have a read through the forum and you'll see other people get scary physical symptoms. They're not imaginary, they're real - but they're caused by anxiety and made worse by anxiety.

melody
10-05-09, 01:33
Hi Danielle,

I had a brain scan about headaches. I do have sinus, so I can take sinus spray & allergy/sinus tablets to relieve headaches. Painkillers stopped working. There are also sinus wash spray made from saline & salt water solution that is harmless & clears the sinuses. Try that first, & there are similar ear cleansers made from saline solution. If it's gunk in your sinus that should help with no bad side affects.

I would suggest to make a list before you go to the doctor of what is wrong & what tests you would like to have to put your mind at ease. It's your money. If it matters enough, then you need to say that you need to get it done for your peace of mind. There is no harm in saying what you need & insisting that it gets done. This is called being assertive to make sure your needs are met. Anxiety does contribute to tension which contributes to headaches. Treating this will help the headaches no matter what the cause.

People are blaming your anxiety because it does need to be addressed. It is a very powerful mental illness, & getting treatment has life changing affects. It is very worth it to seek help in learning how best to deal with it. Getting help can change things so you may still get headaches, but you won't catastrophise (that's a anxiety symptom) about the headache, so it can have less power over you & may sink into the background. Well that's how I feel about it.

I hope that helps. I know headaches are the pitts. I know not being believed about having a headache, again, is very frustrating too.

Melody

daniellemarie
10-05-09, 21:11
You just described me. No matter what anyone says I feel like I know the deep dark truth and it is that I have cancer, brain tumor, etc......I'm not sure exactly how to comfort you because my fear did pass, but I don't want to invalidate your fears. I went to so many doctors cause I thought I had brain tumor and no one would even give me a scan. The truth is they were right. It taught me alot about talking myself down from anxiety and repeating what my doctors have said over and over in my head, it did make me feel better.
I agree a therapist could really help you, having a boyfriend who calls you a freak is NOT ok!! at all! because you are not. Health anxiety is a real thing and you deserve sympathetic people. A therapist that will sympathize and that you feel you can trust and listens to you, and maybe a new doctor that understands Health Anxiety?
Don't be afraid to reach out to people here again, pm me if you want to talk more because you really are describing what I went through. Thank you soo much for that it has made me think i no im not a freak i do i am going to go and see a therapist defo sorry my writing did not make sence thats part of me being anxiouse i cant wright properly i rush like i just wont it to appear on the screen thank you again xx

daniellemarie
10-05-09, 21:13
Hi Danielle,

I had a brain scan about headaches. I do have sinus, so I can take sinus spray & allergy/sinus tablets to relieve headaches. Painkillers stopped working. There are also sinus wash spray made from saline & salt water solution that is harmless & clears the sinuses. Try that first, & there are similar ear cleansers made from saline solution. If it's gunk in your sinus that should help with no bad side affects.

I would suggest to make a list before you go to the doctor of what is wrong & what tests you would like to have to put your mind at ease. It's your money. If it matters enough, then you need to say that you need to get it done for your peace of mind. There is no harm in saying what you need & insisting that it gets done. This is called being assertive to make sure your needs are met. Anxiety does contribute to tension which contributes to headaches. Treating this will help the headaches no matter what the cause.

People are blaming your anxiety because it does need to be addressed. It is a very powerful mental illness, & getting treatment has life changing affects. It is very worth it to seek help in learning how best to deal with it. Getting help can change things so you may still get headaches, but you won't catastrophise (that's a anxiety symptom) about the headache, so it can have less power over you & may sink into the background. Well that's how I feel about it.

I hope that helps. I know headaches are the pitts. I know not being believed about having a headache, again, is very frustrating too.

Melody Thank you melody onistly listening to your words and others is such a great help xx:hugs:

daniellemarie
10-05-09, 21:16
Hi there,
feeling like you're not being listened to is one of the vicious circles of health anxiety. I know how you feel!
It sounds like the people around you don't completely understand your anxiety. I think most of us have been told we're being paranoid/silly/unreasonable etc. at some point or another, when people don't realize how bad it can make you feel. I agree with the people who've said talking to a professional who actually understands it is a really good step. Psychatrists/therapists know what it's all about so they'll not judge you and they'll recognize all these feelings that you're experiencing. Group therapy or some sort of group meet-ups can also be good because all of us who have health anxiety go through similar things.
Also, I know it's difficult to believe it can be the anxiety that makes you feel this bad - but it can! Just have a read through the forum and you'll see other people get scary physical symptoms. They're not imaginary, they're real - but they're caused by anxiety and made worse by anxiety.
Thank you your words and others means a lot and it realy does make me feel so much better sorry about my message not makin much sence part of my anxiety im so impatient i rush and just wont it to be on the scrren so ppl with talk to me and give me advice thanks you again x

daniellemarie
10-05-09, 21:18
I am really sorry but I find that so hard to read with text talk and no paragraphs but I am sure others will be able to read it and help.
hiya i am sorry my message is bad im so impatient i think its apart of my aniety i just wont it done i rush cause i wont pppl to give me advice and im worse when im anxiouse thanks tho xx

Trixie
10-05-09, 21:26
hiya every one just looking for some well some ppl with the same symptoms as me. I have suffered with anxiety for 6 years I was so bad when i first started a asthma attack started mine off at the age of 15 in collage.

i have fought it time n time again but i am with a partner n have a son now n have had bad times with my partner n that is what has made this anxiety reacurre this time now i am ten times worse its horrible.

i take tablets which i know make my anxiety worse, pain killer tablets but when i start i really think its not the tablets im dying or ill have a brain haemorrhage, my anxiety is mostly about my head couple years ago i was soooo convinced i had a brain tumor i use to cry my self to sleep it was bad i use to refer it as i had a brain tumor i was terrified i did get better in time i did go the doctors cause i had headaches all of the time i had headaches for a whole year but never got sent for a brain scan which i wonted so much i never actually said that to the doctor i had sinus scan it was clear i do still think sum times i have a brain tumor not as bad as i was but like i was saying when my panic comes on i am convinced im not anxious im sayin this now thinking was i anxious cuz i dont think i am when my mum says i am anxious which is bringing on the panic n dread im guna die at times when i do no its a panic attack i still think honestly its not a panic attack its serious when i go out with my boyfriend im ok but i think about panic or what if i die or if like my brain bleeds or sum thin bad n i sart i just say take me home now i feel safe when im with my mum n at home i always ring my mum but when i am having a panic she cnt say nothin to convince me im ok its just panic i say no mum its different this time im guna die or sumthin but im gettin that way now i dnt believe my mum cuz she says things so i stop panic n then i think well she thinks im panic its like the little boy cryin wolf this tie its real n no one listens i go to my doctors she blames every thin on anxiety last 4 weeks i have had numbness in my hands actually numb horrible have she said anxiety wrong i had been oin a lot of cleaning n movin helpin family move as 4 family members have moved in 3 weeks n have helped clean n i have done my gardens so i hv=ave carpol tunnel syndrome i went my local walk in center as they dnt no my pasdt they listened so i dnt really feelsafe going to my doc or my mum it is hard for me myboyfriend makes me feel abnormal sometimes calls me freak i need help i get scared sum times n think im guna lose it its horrible any ways any body the same ????? thanks for listening :smile: xxDaniellexx

Don't worry if you had a brain tumour it would have shown up.