PDA

View Full Version : Hello again.

jude
24-08-05, 11:38
Hello everyone, hope Im ok to post in here. I know Im not new but I havent been around much for a while, so thought Id introduce myself to the new members.

I am a married mum...4 children who range from 16 to 5.

I started with panic attacks 12 months ago. All the usual symptoms from racing heart to sweating, nasty bowels etc etc.

8 months ago the depersonalisation set in. This was a shock to me and I thought I was going insane.

My previous posts will show the confusion I went through when first experiencing it. It was pure hell.

All of the physical symptoms have now gone but the depersonalisation is very much a problem still. Unfortunately the dp feelings now cause the anxiety.

Sometimes I still question my sanity. I still wonder if the world really does exist or ever has! My own existence feels the same. My thoughts feel strange etc etc.

I want to thank everyone here for their help in the past and hope you will all welcome me back.
I will try to help anyone with similar symptoms when ever I can.

Love to you all

Jude x

Be gentle with yourself....you just need some time to heal.

Piglet
24-08-05, 11:46
Welcome back Jude.

Your post made me smile when I read the 'does the world exsist' etc - think we've all been there. I wonder if we are all mini philosophers us anxious folk.

I'm like you though I don't like that part of anxiety at all - it was much more prevalent when I first started with anxiety (6 years ago) and thankfully not as bad now.

Love Piglet:)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

pinkscrumpy
24-08-05, 12:01
welcome back Jude

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

Meg
24-08-05, 12:33
Jude - so glad to hear many things have improved. DP can linger but once you decide its really not a problem - it will lift.

Sounds like you are already having bits of time without it now

Meg xx

SickofIt
24-08-05, 14:16
Hi Jude and welcome back. I've missed you! I posted to you oon Suze's thread, but I wanted to make sure you see this. If you still want to PM me, I'd love to hear from you.

seh1980
24-08-05, 17:06
Welcome back Jude!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

eeyorelover
24-08-05, 17:18
welcome Jude.
looking forward to getting to know you.
Sandy
eeyorelover

jill
24-08-05, 18:28
WELCOME BACK JUDE

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

nomorepanic
24-08-05, 19:02
Hi Jude

A warm welcome back to the forum - good to see you again.
xx

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

jude
24-08-05, 20:33
Thanks everyone. It feels good to be back. Feels like Iv finally really come home.
xxx

Be gentle with yourself....you just need some time to heal.

GAD
24-08-05, 22:36
hi jude - welcome back

this part of anxiety was one of the worst for me as when i experienced my first panic attack im sure it was brought on through the strange feelings of depersonalisation, and like you thought that i was going completly mad, in fact i obsessed about going mad for many years after and still do when im low. the most annoying is that i couldnt shake off the feelings unlike a panic attack as when you calm down you start to feel ok (for a while anyway) but depersonalisation made me feel entirely unreal just like i was looking through somebody elses eyes and lost all sense of my identity, in fact i got to the point where i was afraid of looking in the mirror as i felt i didnt recognise the person looking back, that was when i was at my worst and although it has taken time i hardly ever get that feeling anymore. so i can honesltly say that it is possible to feel yourself again you just need to find some good distraction techniques, you realise its anxiety that causes it and not madness so thats a great start.
sorry for the long post!

Michellex

henri
24-08-05, 22:53
welcome back jude! xx

Karen
24-08-05, 22:59
Welcome back Jude.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.