PDA

View Full Version : sleepy!! ?

Romo
10-05-09, 01:43
I realized people on this forum, when they say tired, they usually mean their body or mind.I can't figure out if it's the same sleepy i have.
I was wondering if anyone else is NOT on meds, has no underlying problems and sleeps thoughout the night, but still sleepy most of the day?... As in, the want to sleep all the time regardless of the fatigue.
When I say underlaying problems, that means being diagnosed, not just thinking you are ill.

Trixie
10-05-09, 06:37
The moment I sit down I want to drop off (I have never been able to go to the cinema):D

Some one suggested it might be the pollen count.

Deepest Blue
10-05-09, 07:58
I feel exhausted a lot of the time but I think it's due to the anxiety taking up so much of my brain power and not allowing me head to be free from the stress of worrying about it, then of course this leads to anxieties about all other things too, I think it's the mind working overtime which has a knock on effect to the rest of your body. This can make you feel overtired, as in tired without being able to sleep because the body doesn't want sleep, it just wants to rest. With me, once it's sleepy time, I feel like I so exhausted that I drop off easily but then it doesn't last long, I sleep for about 3 hours then I wake up and can't get back to sleep again.

Romo
10-05-09, 08:38
I don't understand because I was with friends today and everything was fine.. not much anxiety for the last few days, then i get hit with this extreme sleepyness like a ton of bricks. I'm scared it's just me because Ifeel like most people on the forum are tired from their brain working hard or muscles. :( Also, that was my FIRST symptom before i felt panic attacks or any anxiety.

bobobob
10-05-09, 16:38
I had exactly what you have specified. It was getting worse that i was taking time off work to sleep. Doctor diagnosed it as clinical depression.
I had to go to hospital for recovery. Don't want to scare you but go see your doctor. It did help

Romo
10-05-09, 20:10
I had exactly what you have specified. It was getting worse that i was taking time off work to sleep. Doctor diagnosed it as clinical depression.
I had to go to hospital for recovery. Don't want to scare you but go see your doctor. It did help
i'm actually really happy. I'm not depressed at all. my doctor is trying to tell me i'm depressed also...but i'm very happy all the time.

Trixie
10-05-09, 21:30
I don't understand because I was with friends today and everything was fine.. not much anxiety for the last few days, then i get hit with this extreme sleepyness like a ton of bricks. I'm scared it's just me because Ifeel like most people on the forum are tired from their brain working hard or muscles. :( Also, that was my FIRST symptom before i felt panic attacks or any anxiety.

I think if your brain is stimulated it forgets to feel tired and therefore you are wide awake. Trouble is it doesn't work for me when I watch a film.:weep:

Romo
10-05-09, 22:31
I think if your brain is stimulated it forgets to feel tired and therefore you are wide awake. Trouble is it doesn't work for me when I watch a film.:weep:

ya, i hope it is just my brain.. my eyes are dry to today now

Utility
10-05-09, 23:00
Hi

I tend to find that I get really tired driving home from work. It's not a long journey but I have had to pull into the side of the road at times and get out for fresh air.
It's all down to the fact that I am so busy throughout the day and my system is stimulated with adernaline. As soon as I leave the office the adrenaline levels go down and I start to feel tired.

kathy.x
11-05-09, 00:08
i was feeling tired all the time when i first started having panic attacks, as they seem to take a lot out of me, but recently i've been slowly getting more and more energy :) i do tend to get quite tired after i have a panic attack though, or even begin to have one.

Romo
11-05-09, 01:47
i was feeling tired all the time when i first started having panic attacks, as they seem to take a lot out of me, but recently i've been slowly getting more and more energy :) i do tend to get quite tired after i have a panic attack though, or even begin to have one.

I don't feel like i get panic attacks anymore. just the sleepies alll the time.

Romo
11-05-09, 21:37
bump

Viggen
12-05-09, 00:54
Hmmm, maybe that is just how your body is? I have been on medicine before and I noticed that I was feeling sleepy from time to time. I assumed it was the medicine but after I got off it's still the same. Are bodies are very complicated so it could be a number of things. How often are you eatting? excercising? Do you take naps? Is it a certain time of day that you get tired or are you tired all day? I have dealt with this for years, pm me if you like!

Romo
13-05-09, 20:34
I feel like i'm in the middle of deep sleep half the day

Romo
16-05-09, 05:04
bumpie

alba
19-05-09, 12:53
you are true i am also like that, everyday when i reach my office, i start to feel so so sleepy, tired out of energy, bored miserable, trapped then i start to feel so sleepy, and dizzy, light heaeded that iam scared to move around anywhere feel like fainting or dropping so i take off to go home and sleep. what is happening to me, is it depression, before idon't hv this problem,

Reggie
19-05-09, 17:45
I'm sleepy too at the moment. Once my kids have gone off to school, I do what I need to and then fall asleep for hours, once the kids are in bed I'll fall asleep on the sofa and then have a good nights sleep.

I'm borderline anemic too, just having my third lot of blood tests done this month to check how anemic I am. Also, I'm on lots of meds - but I've been on these for years and not felt half a sleepy as I do right now. I've just come out of an anxiety crisis which lasted 10 weeks, so for now I'm thinking - new meds, low HB, 10 weeks of anxiety - just sleep when I can.

Also though I'm twitching something terrible, like my legs and arms jump for no reason, which is very odd.

mick_uk
19-05-09, 22:12
I get sleepy until it's time to go to bed, then wham bang, I'm wide awake. I was playing my guitar at 3am the other morning, started to yawn, turned off all the lights, got into bed, wham bang, i'm wide awake again :shrug:

momof3boys
19-05-09, 22:20
I am the same...I will be exhausted all day and then late at night...bam...wide awake!!

Romo
19-05-09, 23:42
you are true i am also like that, everyday when i reach my office, i start to feel so so sleepy, tired out of energy, bored miserable, trapped then i start to feel so sleepy, and dizzy, light heaeded that iam scared to move around anywhere feel like fainting or dropping so i take off to go home and sleep. what is happening to me, is it depression, before idon't hv this problem,

Have youbeen checked for everything?

Romo
19-05-09, 23:43
I am the same...I will be exhausted all day and then late at night...bam...wide awake!!

Do you sleep at night? did the doc say you have depression or anxiety or both?

majdle
26-05-09, 16:30
Oh, I know how you guys feel - I am constantly sleepy - mornings are the worst and it gets better when the evening comes. Weird, isnīt it?