PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

sdio
10-05-09, 02:29
Hi everyone :)

I've joined No More Panic to see if it will help with my long standing anxiety-depression problems. I am 21 years old from Liverpool and have suffered with anxiety/depression from a very young age. I have also had an eating disorder (anorexia, from which I have recovered) and sometimes think I have mild Body Dysmorphia.

My symptoms are getting me really down lately. I had to drop out of university because of my panic attacks and fear of social contact. Now I want to start another degree and feel too scared too. I want to make something of my life and have a lot to give, but this 'thing' just keeps holding me back all the time. I feel like I have to settle for things and I don't want to anymore. I just want to feel secure in myself.

I don't know what else to say, but I hope you guys will welcome me on to NMP.

Thanks for reading!

Sdio.

duskess
10-05-09, 03:28
Hello , Welcome to NMP , lots of help advice and understanding here , sorry to hear your having such a hard time and at such a young age , can you not ask your doctor about councelling , to learn ways to cope with your fear , well done for recovering from anorexia , thats a huge achievement , when you begin to understand how to cope with panic attacks you will feel more confident and go back to university , you will receive lots of help and advice from NMP members , glad you found the site , take care:welcome: Dusky x

sdio
10-05-09, 03:34
Thanks Dusky :)

I would ask my GP but I am sick of counselling to be honest. It doesn't work for me. If there was a boot camp I'd rather go to that! Years of counselling have proved to be nothing but a pain in the bottom.

Hope to see you around.

mau
10-05-09, 03:46
G'morning sdio, There's loads of good, understanding peeps on here.

There is no boot camp I'm afraid

Welcome to NMP:welcome:

duskess
10-05-09, 03:53
Have a look at the self help books in NMP shop then, they could help you help yourself

Veronica H
10-05-09, 07:26
:welcome: sdio. Glad that you have found us.

Veronica

Southern_Belle
11-05-09, 14:29
Hi Sdio,

Welcome to NMP. You will find that many here will understand how you have been feeling and will offer their support. I'm glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura