PDA

View Full Version : so upset - please help

chocoholic
10-05-09, 16:32
hi
ive been posting on here about my tummy. its uncomfortable and have pain in it on and off all day. i have to keep going to the toilet and my tummy feels bloated. Ive seen the doc who is referring me to Gastro dept and been telling myself its IBS but im really upset today. Im convinced its cancer. Possibly bowel or ovarian. Just need to know its not coz its so hard waiting for appointment when im so upset all the time.
Im really scared coz ive always got this impending doom and now think that this is it.
Choco x

yanksforever
10-05-09, 16:47
Last month i went through this. It lasted like a week. I was bloated on stop. Even eating a small cracker bloated me up. I was fluctuating between watery stools and constipation...burping non stop, lots of funny tummy noises, no appetite.

You do know that anxiety wreaks HAVOC on the digestive system right? ALL OF IT. The acche could be from wind, I have tons of it, all day everyday.

Try green tea with mint leaves. I had 3 cups of it everyday and it really helped. I also stopped regular food and went on yogurt and light foods like soup. Are you eating right??

Good luck, you'll be ok.

chocoholic
10-05-09, 16:58
Last month i went through this. It lasted like a week. I was bloated on stop. Even eating a small cracker bloated me up. I was fluctuating between watery stools and constipation...burping non stop, lots of funny tummy noises, no appetite.

You do know that anxiety wreaks HAVOC on the digestive system right? ALL OF IT. The acche could be from wind, I have tons of it, all day everyday.

Try green tea with mint leaves. I had 3 cups of it everyday and it really helped. I also stopped regular food and went on yogurt and light foods like soup. Are you eating right??

Good luck, you'll be ok.

Hi yanks
Thank you so much
I knew that anxiety plays havoc on most things but I had never had bowel problems before. I have all the same symptoms you did apart from no appetite, if anything I find it hard not to eat.
thanks for the advice
choco x

yanksforever
10-05-09, 17:02
Hard not to eat? That's a good sign. <3 Good luck. Bowel problems happen...even if you've never had them before. I'm constipated at the moment, even though that's pretty rare for me. Our body's are so complicated, sometimes they make tiny errors and it's demonstrated as symptoms, we freak out over the symptoms, while our bodies are already busy fixing things.

Reggie
11-05-09, 20:01
Health anxiety is horrible. Every symptom gets translated into something life threatening and it's scary on the sufferer.

I'm sure you're ok, but never be afraid of going to the doctors and tell them how scared you are and why and get the reasurrance you need.