PDA

View Full Version : question about abdominal discomfort?

kathy.x
10-05-09, 18:04
this morning i woke up with quite strong abdominal discomfort, but after talking to a friend they persuaded me it was not infact stomach cancer but most likely trapped wind and so i took a tablet that is designed to sort that out and since then i started feeling better, but the discomfort is vaguely still there even after about 10 hours if i sit in certain positions. just wondering if anyone has any experience with trapped wind causing quite a lot of pain / lasting that long? just wondering as logically if after i took that tablet the pain got better it must have been trapped wind - even if i've not actually "expelled" any yet... :blush:

miss_moose
10-05-09, 18:26
Hi Kathy, i get alot of trapped wind and it's very uncomfy and can be very painful, it does last a long time, i've known mine to last all day.
I've never taken tablets for mine so i don't know how they work, i put a hot water bottle on my stomach though to ease the pain xxx

scooby28
10-05-09, 19:45
I'm not sure what you pain is like but fot the last few months i have been getting sharp dull pains that seem to be just behind my belly button rather than feeling deep in my stomach,
I used to regularly suffer with pains a bit lower but this is a new place, i mentioned it to my doctor and he seems to think it happens when my bowel going into spasm, i have noticed if i do get it sometimes going to the loo does ease it a little but apart from that it can last from minutes to hours.
I am going to the hospital next month to see a gynacologist to see if they find anything more serious wrong hopefully not.

kathy.x
10-05-09, 21:18
mine was below my belly button and seemingly deeper, but i hope you're ok when you go to the gynacologist! since it's easing now i don't think it's as serious as i did this morning, since it did wake me up in the early morning as it was that painful.

bex1970
10-05-09, 22:33
Trapped wind can be awful and really uncomfortable and can definitely last two days or so.... try a medicine called colpermin - worked wonders on my abdominal discomfort way back... although if it is trapped wind, you might want to spend some time alone when you find the medicine starts working.....!!