PDA

View Full Version : Getting over the panic..

Lauren
02-01-04, 19:26
Hello to all,

Ive been suffering now for 8 years, when it first started i had to work out a way of getting through these episodes the best way i could.

It took me a long time, but each attack seemed to get easier, then finally i felt them and they passed because i knew how to talk myself out of them..
Anyway they are back and worse than they where before, i have no idea why and i think that makes the panic worse. your thinking why?Whats happened? what is my mind thinking now..You feel angry,upset,and then you panic..

So i thought i would share what i do, so maybe i could help someone else.. Remember always think of the best things in your life, try to keep positive. When an attack comes on i go straight to my couch lye on the floor with my legs up on the couch, this is good for circulation of blood to the brain. Take even breathes keep control of your breathing.Think positive thoughts like Im ok,Ill be fine,think of all the things that make you happy. after thinking them say them, talk to yourself, Make yourself feel positive.
Do this for as long as you need.And always keep relaxed feel every part of your body with your mind,It is Speacial..
Meditation has saved me through the hard times you dont need anyone just yourself and positive thoughts.
Also ive just started reiki its wonderful, but it takes time, your body has been battered with unpleasant rubbish for a long time. So give your body time to heal....

Take care i hope i could help......or please let me no of other techniques

Lauren...

diana
02-01-04, 19:51
Hiya Lauren,

First of all WELCOME to our little family here. We appreciate all the input we can get here. :) Thanks for the suggestions, they sound promising. I know when another attack comes on I will be thinking about these suggestions you just posted. I think distraction techniques are best, it takes awhile for me, but they do work. Thanks again,. I hope you are doig fine with your recent bout of attacks. Keep posting, keep those positive thoughts flowing.

Take care,

Diana xoxoxo

rick
02-01-04, 23:01
Lauren,

Just noticed that you have a forum here. I wrote a reply to you on the "Constant panic attacks"forum, so if you'd like, bop on over there and see where I said hi!!!

Rick

Rennie1989
03-01-04, 09:42
Lauren

Ive been sufferein panic attacks for just under a year now and I'm getting them more frequent each week. Thank you for those techniques, I'm sure they should, thats if they worked for you.

Jade

Lauren
07-01-04, 10:08
Hey Jade,
Let me no how you go...
Im so glad i went on holidays to Edinburgh and im not good on flights but im happy to say buy using my relaxation thing.. i felt really good. a couple of hic ups.
But had a wonderful time..

Take care
Lauren...