PDA

View Full Version : Fed up with hormonal led anxiety!

chocolatesundae
11-05-09, 09:57
Hi everyone,

Thought I do my first new thread on the above topic!

I am a bit of a worrier and anxious person at the best of times but two weeks out of four, (the week before and the week during my monthlies) I feel absolutely awful and feel as if I am looking through the world through a glass. I know that I am lucky because the rest of the time I can control the anxiety better but I don't feel lucky at the time when it is at its worse and I feel as if I will never feel right again. At the time everything seems bleak, I feel low and my fibromyalgia is worse, sometimes so painful I find it difficult to move. I am going to try some of those Quiet Life pills; I bought some having read about them on here and having spoken to the chemist at the time but I dislike taking pills (my consultant wants to stick me on a variety including stronger pain killers but I don't want to feel more washed out and tired than I do already) so I have got to get over that feeling first.

My primary feeling at the moment is frustration because there are loads of things I would like to be getting on with and doing but am too fuggy headed/in pain to even make a start. I am not depressed just very fed up and waiting for the middle of next week when I can get going again. Its come early this month so I wasn't expecting it and I just grind to a halt.

Am posting to see if anyone else is having the same thing and what they do to make things easier during that time. Any ideas would be good but I will say that relaxing makes me think more and usually makes it worse.

Ali x

momof3boys
18-06-09, 20:39
I go thru the same thing and it seems worse this month, would you mind sharing some of your anxiety symptoms? Also, you mentioned you have fibromyalgia, which is something I am trying to get more info on because its the only thing I can find that fits besides anxiety...any help?