PDA

View Full Version : When does cipralex kick in

chantelle
11-05-09, 23:38
Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum & need encouragement!!!! I have been on cipralex for 8 weeks, starting at 5mg for 2 weeks, then 10mg for 3 weeks and now 20 mg for 3 weeks.

I have made some progress - I am now sleeping all night but I still feel tense and low most of the time. I was with my gp today and she feels that I am only about half-way to recovery.

I had my first ever depression last year and thought it was a one-off!!! I took citalopram but 6 months after I weaned off it I took depression again. I saw another dr & she said it was anxiety and to leave it for 2 wks without med - so that meant I had felt bad for over a month before I started cipralex.

I just feel as though I will never get my life back on track - any advice will be greatly appreciated

thanks chantelle

diane07
12-05-09, 07:24
Hi Chantelle,

A huge warm welcome to nmp

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way

I don't take any meds but there are plenty on here who do and will be able to answer your question, take a look on the menu to the left, you'll will get lots of answers and information there

best wishes

di xx

duskess
12-05-09, 15:13
Hello Chantelle , Welcome to NMP, lots of help advice and understanding here ,glad you found the site , i hope you will be feeling better soon , you are not alone , take care:welcome: Duschess x

Southern_Belle
12-05-09, 15:29
Hi Changelle,

Welcome to NMP. You will find that many here will understand how you have been feeling and will offer their support. I don't know on that particular med, but most take about a month or two to truly kick in so you are almost there with your lastest increase in dosage, hang in there! I'm glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura

chantelle
12-05-09, 15:37
Hi Chantelle,

A huge warm welcome to nmp

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way

I don't take any meds but there are plenty on here who do and will be able to answer your question, take a look on the menu to the left, you'll will get lots of answers and information there

best wishes

di xx

thanks so much di

it's great to feel we are not alone

Chantelle

chantelle
12-05-09, 15:39
Hi Changelle,

Welcome to NMP. You will find that many here will understand how you have been feeling and will offer their support. I don't know on that particular med, but most take about a month or two to truly kick in so you are almost there with your lastest increase in dosage, hang in there! I'm glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura

Thanks so much Laura

it's great to feel we are not alone and that I'm almost there - that in itself gives me a lift. What meds are you on and how do you feel

Chantelle

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

chantelle
12-05-09, 15:45
Hello Chantelle , Welcome to NMP, lots of help advice and understanding here ,glad you found the site , i hope you will be feeling better soon , you are not alone , take care:welcome: Duschess x

thanks so much duschess for replying to me. I hope you are soon better too. What meds are you on? As this is my 1st attempt at joining the forum and chatting to 'fellow-sufferers'http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gifI am keen to hear about others. I am hoping that this will pull me through and help to distract me until I feel better and then I can encourage others just as you have done for me,

thanks again Oonagh