PDA

View Full Version : Seroxat to Sertaline advice please

sharona
12-05-09, 06:38
Hi
I have been taking Seroxat for 12 weeks but the side effects were really bad so my Doctor has put me on 50mg of Sertraline. She told me to stop taking seroxat immedietly and start on the Sertraline. I have not started them yet as I am scared. I want to know if anyone else has gone from other meds onto Sertraline, if so how did you react to them.
Also how does others get on with Sertaline, I have anxiety.

Look forward to your replies

sharona
15-05-09, 20:48
HI

Is there anyone that has any advice on this please.

Sharona

nomorepanic
15-05-09, 21:43
Have a read of the posts in the forum and you will probably find the answers.

sharona
16-05-09, 11:09
Hi Nic

Yes I have read them but there is not a answer but thanks.

Hope you are o.k.

Sharona

Sleepless999
16-05-09, 20:08
Hi there - I had a friend that was on Seroxat at the same time I was on Sertraline (what a pair!) anyway, she got terrible side effets from Seroxat including bruising so she had to stop it. I got on well with Sertraline - I feel it's one of the more "gentle" ssri's as regards side effects. The worst one for me was lightening sweats during the day and at night - quite bad actually and they never went away - I work with a man who takes Sertraline and he gets the same - the good effects however, outweigh the bad, and the initial weird side effects wear off after a couple of weeks like with any of these drugs. Good luck!

sharona
16-05-09, 21:22
Hi Thanks

Sorry to ask but what do you mean by 'lightening sweats'

Sharona

Sleepless999
16-05-09, 21:53
A sweat that happens in an instant - one minute you are feeling normal, the next you've had a hot flush! They are over very quickly, and do remember that this was me, and you may not get them.

mdLc
16-05-09, 23:57
I started on zoloft about 2 and 1/2 weeks ago..i started with 50 mg a day due to my anxiety and panic levels hitting the roof...the first few days were the hardest..bad stomach, couldnt eat and a slight increase in anxiety. I also noticed that if i took the meds at night i would wake up with sweaty palms.
this past tuesday I upped the dose from 50 to 100mg and must say that even though i was nervous to do it I have noticed a great improvement in myself and panic.
no more sweaty palms, bad stomach, ect.
I also lost 14 pounds the first two weeks because I couldnt eat and only drank water.

i also took some xanax when first starting to help with the panic.

Now I am completely off the xanax and continue to take the zoloft at night because i dont like feeling tired and cranky during the day..

I will be honest with you..when I first started I was convinced that it wasnt for me but thanks to my drs advice all the bad side affects have subsided like he said they would..
Good Luck To you..try it it does work.

sharona
17-05-09, 14:15
Hi

Thank you for the advice, I am going to start them tommorow.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks

Sharona:hugs: