PDA

View Full Version : Head And Other Stuff

MVP123
12-05-09, 10:57
Does anyone else feel like they have a permanent head cold, but without the cough and snotty stuff, because the last couple of weeks and even before that I have got that pressure feeling at the top of my nose, where it feels like you are going to sneeze but you don’t. Also headaches in this area and also all over, like I have a bad head cold, but without the stuffy nose and sore throat.
I went to the Psychiatrist for my 2nd appt yesterday and I feel like I am completely wasting my time. I keep expecting her to refer me for CBT or anxiety management, but all she keeps doing is trying to get me to buy a book called ‘Science and Health’ or ‘Health and Science’, and personally I don’t see how a Christian book is going to help me with my symptoms, especially as I know there must be something physically wrong with me, as I am not depressed, but I still constantly suffer with my head, dizziness and all other manner of things. I mean the shrink even asked me what I thought I need to get better, and I felt like saying that is what she gets paid for, so I am supposed to be seeing her again in 3 weeks, and she wants me to have read this book by then. I feel so frustrated and feel like no one is actually listening to what is going on in my head. I am not imagining the symptoms, they are all there, all the time, and its effecting my day to day life in a big way now. I’m so fed up, sorry for moaning, anyone else wanna have a moan to make me feel better lol!!!!

Mondie
12-05-09, 11:27
For the last week I have had a wierd head; it's like a headache but not really more like a pressured head. I think there might be a virus going around as my boyfriend has the same. It's hard to describe but my head aches, feels cotton woolly and I just don;t feel right, but not ill either! I'm sure you've got the same thing as me.

Trixie
12-05-09, 12:18
Does anyone else feel like they have a permanent head cold, but without the cough and snotty stuff, because the last couple of weeks and even before that I have got that pressure feeling at the top of my nose, where it feels like you are going to sneeze but you don’t. Also headaches in this area and also all over, like I have a bad head cold, but without the stuffy nose and sore throat.
I went to the Psychiatrist for my 2nd appt yesterday and I feel like I am completely wasting my time. I keep expecting her to refer me for CBT or anxiety management, but all she keeps doing is trying to get me to buy a book called ‘Science and Health’ or ‘Health and Science’, and personally I don’t see how a Christian book is going to help me with my symptoms, especially as I know there must be something physically wrong with me, as I am not depressed, but I still constantly suffer with my head, dizziness and all other manner of things. I mean the shrink even asked me what I thought I need to get better, and I felt like saying that is what she gets paid for, so I am supposed to be seeing her again in 3 weeks, and she wants me to have read this book by then. I feel so frustrated and feel like no one is actually listening to what is going on in my head. I am not imagining the symptoms, they are all there, all the time, and its effecting my day to day life in a big way now. I’m so fed up, sorry for moaning, anyone else wanna have a moan to make me feel better lol!!!!

This person should not be trying to get you to buy this book http://www.spirituality.com/cor/about_the_book.jhtml you should report her to your local NHS.