PDA

View Full Version : Can symptoms/conditions change???

mama23girls
25-08-05, 02:26
I'm a long time anxiety sufferer going back about 12 years or so. When I first started to have anxiety it came on fgast and furious after childbirth with almost nonstop panic attacks/chest pain/derealization/complete insomnia/obsessive thoughts etc etc...I thought I was going mad! My physical symptoms were constant head/neck aches, chest pains, jaw pain and shaking.
Now my anxiety has creeped down to a constant state of general anxiety with some obsessive thoughts and health anxiety thrown in for good measure but my physical symptoms seem to have really changed. I am experiancing stomach "issues" lack of appetite headaches,itchy skin and bad breath????
I think some of my issues stem from seasonal allergies but I have a hard time differentiating between what is anxiety and what is a true medical problem.
So can physical symptoms change with your mental state???

Jessica
Mama to
Rain
Celeste
Riley Mei

in1peace
25-08-05, 06:05
Oh Yeah!
Jessica, they can change. As long as your creative mind can imagine, your body can pick up on whatever you are worrying about! I always get up and walk around to do something distracting. If my symptoms leave me when I know that I've been truly engrossed in something, I know that it's probably just anxiety.

"Honey, if ya ain't feelin' the bumps in the road, ya ain't goin' nowhere!" (A wise Georgia Granny's take on living life to the fullest! LOL!)

Piglet
25-08-05, 14:11
Hi Jessica,

Yes, definately they can change. I've had anxiety on and off for 6 years but only in the last two have I experienced dizziness and early this year IBS symptoms.

Love Piglet

Meg
25-08-05, 14:55
Hiya,

Yes they really can change over time

The body symptoms are real, what you imagine them to be usually isn't real or true

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

sadie
27-08-05, 10:02
Hi Jessica,

I think your symptoms can change overtime as when I first had panic attacks it was full blown palpitations, dizziness, nausea, migraines etc.... now I get etopic beats, overbreathing, jaw problems, allergies, obsessive thoughts about dying and a whole load of other random symptoms.... It makes youwonder what the hell is going on with your body and it times I feel out of control but It is just anxiety.....

The important thing is to accept this as anxiety and nothing more.

sadie

helen__w
28-08-05, 01:20
Hi Jessica

My symptoms have definitely changed! I am new to this anxiety in particular health anxiety and my physical symptoms have increased! So you are not alone

Helen x